Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally did the wire mod jump and decided to shave my seat while I had everything out. All in all, it was pretty easy. I used a steak knife to shave the seat. It took about 1 1/2 inches off from the bottom of the seat. It is way more comfortable now. My balls are not being smashed against the tank :D. I'm glad I did it. Pics below.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cool man -- but how big are your balls? I know the '03/'04 bike was a serious ball-smasher, so I could definitely see the need to shave the seat, but the '05/'06 is already perfectly comfortable. At least to me it is -- does this mean I need to pay more attention to those e-mails I keep getting about making my junk bigger? :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was thinking about doing this so I could simply get my feet closer to the ground. I have to tippy-toe if I'm not wearing thick soled shoes.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Agustin
I was thinking about doing this so I could simply get my feet closer to the ground. I have to tippy-toe if I'm not wearing thick soled shoes.
It did lower it.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Where did you get that jumper?

I am just using a small piece of wire for now but I want to get a jumper soon.

I went to radio shack by me and the retard didnt know what a wire jumper was...

·
Registered
394 Posts
4 posts, give the guy a break hehe:D
N20636, do a search, you will get about 7 trillian results.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Greenisfaster
Where did you get that jumper?

I am just using a small piece of wire for now but I want to get a jumper soon.

I went to radio shack by me and the retard didnt know what a wire jumper was...
I just used a small paper clip with the rubber coating. A small piece of wire will work too. No need to change it. It's all about making the connection. You can cut the wire and splice the wires together and it would work the same way.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by BigZixxer636
you installed your FI light fix wrong, but looks like it will still work...
Ha! No ill effect. I'm guessing it's upside down?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Actually no i'm not kidding. I for one choose to spend more time on my bike then behind a computer screen. Mostly at the track i hadn't checked on any custom mods for anything like that yet. Sorry if my question offended you but if you don't like someone asking then don't read the post.

·
Registered
409 Posts
yeah the flat sides of the lever arms should be hitting...it should still work and i wouldnt mess with it untill your FI light pops on again

·
Registered
48 Posts
By the way a big thank you to all who helped with the information. I put this mod on a friend of mine's 636 earlier. I put mine in the shop today i bent the 1st - 2nd gear shift fork. Didn't back off the gas enough when i shifted. Its under warranty so maybe it won't take long i had to take alot of stuff off of it before i droped it off though. the nitrous came off thats a fact lol.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978
Finally did the wire mod jump and decided to shave my seat while I had everything out. All in all, it was pretty easy. I used a steak knife to shave the seat. It took about 1 1/2 inches off from the bottom of the seat. It is way more comfortable now. My balls are not being smashed against the tank :D. I'm glad I did it. Pics below.
Hey man,how did you place the staples back on the seat after shaving it?Please let me know some after done impresions.Is it more ,or less comfortable.Thinking to do mine too.Is it worth it ?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
iurox-

I used a staple gun I bought at Walmart for 12 bucks. It came with free staples. Make sure to use wide, short staples so that they don't poke out. I think it is more comfortable then stock. I'm 5'8 so that helped me to touch the ground better since the seat was lowered. Take your time and keep checking it. What I did was get a used seat off ebay for 20 bucks shipped and shaved that one and kept my stock seat just incase. :D

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I just used a piece of wire on my buddy's and put the ca[ back on it. there is nothing to worry about as nothing inside of the plug is going to arch out as the terminals are sunk down and will not touch the jumper wire.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
05/06 - Don't shave the seat. At first, it seemed comfy. I ended up putting stock back on. Ass starts hurting after a while because the lack of foam. Thank god for ebay.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.