Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an add-on Fuel Guage or Fuel Warning light? Having to rely on feeling the engine chug is a very unsafe way to be told to swith to reserve. I don't always have the luxury of stopping for guess (or miney sometimes) and an indication light or guage would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have not seen anything or heard of anyone who has made a light or taken a guage from another model. Most of us (me included) just reset the tripometer at fill up and refuel before reserve (150) miles for me. An after market fuel light and doing away with the petcock would be nice.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
i have an oil sensor for my old quads oil tank, and i am thinking of trying it in gas to see if it works, and if t does i am thinking of hooking it up and setting it up for about half tank to make a light come on, of course this requires cutting the tank etc, but i got a spare and my tank is beat and i plan on getting a new one so i may try it, and if it works i will make a write up...
Ben

·
Registered
474 Posts
trip meter, but i regularily run it until I have to switch to reserve and its NEVER been an issue, even on the track leaned over in the middle of a turn.. the bike doesnt immediately stall, it will just start to sputter a little bit... Just make sure you know exactly where that petcock is and what direction to turn it in...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.