Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to tuesday bike night today in Lowell, MA. They had a dyno station overthere too. Watching all these bikes run, I couldn't resist to compare my bike to all these newer 600 class gixxers and cbr's that were doing 98, 101, 103 hp with aftermarket exhausts and stuff, probably PC's. One gixxer had full system and only did 98 hp. I thought I could probably do better than that :D although I only have Muzzy slip on and wire jumper mod on my bike performance wise. Bike has about 8500 miles. SO...I was right [8D] 110hp. Not the best number, i know, but it was a king of all 600 hundreds tonite:D and not only 600's, there was a Ducati 996 that ran 110 hp as well hahaha...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Sweet. Congrats man!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Lol, thats always fun. Whenever the local shop has dyno-days, I like to go watch and see who has the most HP. There is one kid and his dad pulling some amazing numbers from an old Honda Smokey Joe edition.

Anywho, congrats on the good run.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Another 636 Dyno win!! Looks like they dyno'd your bike in 4th gear. Anyone know if there would be much difference in HP in 5th?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Was there ever any doubt?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, all bikes were run in 4th gear.
SER1, no I do not have a power commander. As stated above, only mods that would affect performance is Muzzy slip on and wire jumper mod.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
I went to tuesday bike night today in Lowell, MA. They had a dyno station overthere too. Watching all these bikes run, I couldn't resist to compare my bike to all these newer 600 class gixxers and cbr's that were doing 98, 101, 103 hp with aftermarket exhausts and stuff, probably PC's. One gixxer had full system and only did 98 hp. I thought I could probably do better than that :D although I only have Muzzy slip on and wire jumper mod on my bike performance wise. Bike has about 8500 miles. SO...I was right [8D] 110hp. Not the best number, i know, but it was a king of all 600 hundreds tonite:D and not only 600's, there was a Ducati 996 that ran 110 hp as well hahaha...

Now add a Kit ECU and see how much better it will be , it will be the best 500.00 you ever spent! Can you say GSXR 750 eater

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmmm....not sure what that does. I'll have to do a search for kit ECU. I saw the thread somewhere, but didn't have a chance to read it yet. But $500 ?!?!? looks like a lot of money to me. I'd rather get a damper and something else. I really don't need more power, if I did and cared about it , I would have bought a 10R ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
nerijusj:

I have a muzzys slip on with the PCIII and I've notice a power increase (i know you just said you didn't need more power ;) ) and better MPG. What I lost from removing the exhaust valve I got back with the PCIII. the only thing though is I had to use a Akra map (provide by Tweakmon) b/c I couldn't find a map for that particular slip on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.