Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Kawi forum so there might be some biasedness. I have an 06 600 RR 26,xxx miles stroke to 617 hids new plastics yosh slip on, guy wants to trade me his 05 636 full yosh and other mods 17,xxx miles. Straight trade, good deal or no?

Anything I should look for?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for. I haven't ridden that model 636, but I have ridden your gen 600rr and didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Neat motor, good looks, but awkward ergos. Ask for a test ride, see if you like it, I would honestly consider it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it is not a. 636, it is a zx6rr. I still want it.

·
Premium Member
10,446 Posts
OK so you have a CBR with a "stroked" to a 617cc motor and your considering trading for an 05 636?
If this is the case why would you swap your BUILT CBR for a stock 636?
Who and or where was the work done on this motor, parts used or is this a typo?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a 600 that is stroked to a 617. No idea on who or what. Main reason for getting rid of it, I'd it is ghetto fabbed all over by the previous stunter.

And it is a zx6rr not a 636 I'm looking at.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
so the previous owner claims it's stroked?
did you do the stroking? how does one know if the stroking even occurred?

i bet he tucked in a jet engine, turbo booster, and an emergency parachute

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know it's stroked cause my buddy knows the guy that stroked it. The guy I bought it from was the 5th owner.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm not a 18 yr old kid and not new to modding shit.... Keep the smart shit to yourself.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I know it's stroked cause my buddy knows the guy that stroked it. The guy I bought it from was the 5th owner.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm not a 18 yr old kid and not new to modding shit.... Keep the smart shit to yourself.
Well you are asking a kind of dumb question. 'Modded by stuntaz' Sounds like a perfect reason to get rid off it - stroked to 617 cc... Anyway.

Do you have pictures of either bike? OEM fairings? Any service history of the Kawi? You know you are buying a more track orientated bike?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had both, both are great bikes. I think the handling was a bit better on the Honda and I think the ergos and torque curve of the Kawi probably make for a better daily street bike. I took me a while to get used to my 636 after my 600rr, but I like it more a year later than when I got it. Stock suspension blows on both.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts