Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys whay is my 05 zx636 jumping outta 1st sometimes? it happend when u get it up into about 6 to 7ooo rmp,if you back off slightly takeing the load off the engine it jumps outts 1st gear...what could be the problem and what would be the fix...as the bike is still under the factory warinty...Ive spoken to the dealership and they insist that there is nothing wrong...

please help

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It literally jumps out of gear or its slipping?

Kind of weird alot of people seem to be having transmission problems lately.:(

·
Registered
380 Posts
Knock on wood but I must be one of the few lucky ones. I've only got 4000 miles on my bike but I haven't had a single mechanical problem with it... From what I've been reading, tranny problems are common and the factory will snake out of covering it under warranty. Good luck with it though.

·
Powerhungry
38,438 Posts
sounds like the dog gears are worn. it wont be covered under warranty either. do a search theres quite a few threads about this very same thing.
kawi has shitty trannies, and worthless warranties, and shitty customer service.
i will never again buy NEW from kawi. when this happened to me(5k miles) cost me 1600. fought with them over tha warranty. went out and got me a new r1. i WAS going to buy a zx10. but after they screwed me...nope..never again

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by nevada
sounds like the dog gears are worn. it wont be covered under warranty either. do a search theres quite a few threads about this very same thing.
kawi has shitty trannies, and worthless warranties, and shitty customer service.
i will never again buy NEW from kawi. when this happened to me(5k miles) cost me 1600. fought with them over tha warranty. went out and got me a new r1. i WAS going to buy a zx10. but after they screwed me...nope..never again
I know you've been spreading your story every chance you get, even though people downplay it and give you shit about it -- if it makes you feel any better, it has touched me. Based on your experience, and the guy from Atlanta in the dog gear thread, I'll never buy another Kawasaki. I love mine to death, but the way they screwed both of you over, they've lost me. I'm hoping nothing comes up to make me quit loving it, but no matter what, I'll march my happy ass back over to the Honda dealer next time I go shopping. I know I sure as hell won't do a single mod to mine until the warranty is over, just to make sure they can't try to pin any problem on that.

My CBR600 gave me 134,000 trouble free miles (well, shit wore out, but I never had to fix the tranny or any other major part - just clutch, tires, carb rebuilds, bearings -- things that are intended to wear out.) I don't expect that from my Kawi (honestly didn't expect it of my Honda, but was damn pleased that it did it,) but to have a tranny crap out in less than 10k miles of commuting and being told it was my fault would piss me off nearly to the point of flying to Kawi headquarters and kicking some asses.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
12k miles on mine and the tranny shifts like butter.

Guess I am lucky.

·
Registered
342 Posts
When I bought my Kawi the salesman kept telling me to get the honda because they have beter trannys. So I got forceful and asked him whats the deal with the Kawi tranny? And he said thats the only thing he ever sees them in the service area for is tranny problems and he never see's the Hondas in for anything. Im sure anything built by honda is better as far as reliability goes but to me I still hated that CBR when I sat on it, it did nothing for me at all, felt like I was on a early 90's bike, just simple and borging feeling. When I drove the Kawi I was sold.

But no tranny problems my way yet.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by BrandonM7

Based on your experience, and the guy from Atlanta in the dog gear thread, I'll never buy another Kawasaki.
Same here dude...even though I don't own one of the affected bikes, that really turns me off to kawi..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.