Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone just posted a very similar thread about switching to an 07 6r for track but I had a few questions for anyone who has ridden both these bikes.. or just knows from experience:

I currently ride an 05 636 on the streets and love it, only performance mods it has are a slip on and -1, +2 gearing. As I mentioned I really love this bike but I have been looking at a used, already tracked out, bike for next season. I found this really nice 05 zx6rr that has a rebuilt engine, pcIII, GP shift, ohlins forks, penske rear shock, titanium full exhaust, and the whole 9 yards. My question to you guys is would switching to this bike feel like a loss in engine performance? I'm sure this thing will handle like a dream but will it lack down low compared to my 636 or will all the mods on it make it perform the same if not better????

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm planning on trading in the 636 (sadly) for a liter bike. I was thinking about turning the 636 into a track bike but I can sell it for almost as much as a used track bike with 5-6 grand worth of mods.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
track go w/ the RR for sure or give me the contact info & i'll buy the thing, or try to trade my 636 for it :D

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
so a liter, or a 599? theres quite a big difference?
lol, thats what i was thinking, after having both i'll stick w/ a 600, just more fun to be had :D

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I agree go for the RR. I would trade the HP for the setup. The R will have a nicer powerband but the RR has a close ratio trans which keeps you in the power on the track so you won't notice.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, sorry for the confusion, I'm not debating a liter for the track. I'm stepping up to a liter bike for the street... For the track I def want a 600. Thanks for the input though guys, sounds like I won't regret the 6rr on the track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts