Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i called my local dealer and they said it was $180 plus parts so how much are parts for this thing oh and the 180 was including adjusting the valves. so what should the total be about

·
Registered
26 Posts
By tune up do u mean first service? Either way all it should be is an oil change and checking everything to be sure its all in working order. My first service was $120.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
my stealership had a flat rate of $200 for initial checks....gotta love it

they did a lot of free shit for me tho so i cant really complain

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no its not the inital check i have 4200 miles on it had 2 oil changes but havent checked the filter or plugs and i have a tick dont know if its the valves or cam tensioner or just the normal tick also i have a vibration on my seat when im at around 9000 rpm bike runs fine but the throttle response seems to be lacking in the lower revs

G

·
u shouldnt need an air filter or plugs yet. ask 'em how much they charge for a valve check/adjustment. if the price is fair, i'd go ahead and do it.

but the tick could also be normal

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Most likely everything is normal- our bikes have more vibrations than say hondas, all you need at that mileage is oil change, if you didn't do it recently. It's way too early for other type of maintenance IMO and would be a waste of money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.