Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of my lights come on and servo is going back and forth everything looks good until I hit the start button then it just clicks everytime I press the button it doesn't turn over just clicks?? I was worried about it when it was struggling to start sum days but it never has done this

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
It's going to be your battery is bad/needs a charge or your battery connections are loose and need to be tightened, in which case you will still probably have to charge your battery. Thats best case, worst case is that your charging syatem is fucked and you will have to replace that or your starter is bad but onestly, 98+% I am going to say either connections are bad or your battery is bad. Go to Walmart for your battery, they have a 1 year free replacement on them and also get a trickle charger for the winter or if you won't be riding for a month or 2

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well last nite I went and got it charged but I went to put it on and all the lights came on again but same thing just clicks I had sum corresion on the neg terminal but I cleaned that also. Where are u saying it might have a bad connection at? Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to push start it also but won't start regular

·
Powerhungry
38,158 Posts
Well last nite I went and got it charged but I went to put it on and all the lights came on again but same thing just clicks I had sum corresion on the neg terminal but I cleaned that also. Where are u saying it might have a bad connection at? Thanks
how long did u charge it for?

it needs 3-4 hrs atleast.
sure, it might start with less charge time, but it will still be weak.

pull the battery, charge it for 5 hrs or so, then take it to an auto parts store, and have it tested. it might be bad.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Battery wires to battery is where I would say the bad connection was. Also you could check your starter wire....unlikely but possably could be loose.

how long did u charge it for?

it needs 3-4 hrs atleast.
sure, it might start with less charge time, but it will still be weak.

pull the battery, charge it for 5 hrs or so, then take it to an auto parts store, and have it tested. it might be bad.
I agree here, charged for ATLEAST 4-5 hrs, make sure the water level is good and then have it tested at a auto parts store for a load test. You can show 12-14 volts but if it doesn't have any amps...you will need a new battery.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where does the positve terminal wire go to ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts