Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will wrap my intro into this message, if it is okay. I live in Atlanta (west side), went to Kennesaw State University and have been riding for a while but am in the market for a good used bike. I have cash in hand. Anyway, I found a 05 636 with ~1100 miles. The seller is asking $7600 for the bike and I offered him $7000. Am I being ridiculous with my offer? I know we are in season and all and I will probably not get a killer deal, but is $7000 a fair deal?.

Thanks and love the site by the way,
caseyrf

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats all the bike is worth. I just paid $8200 out the door for my 06. So no way should you have to pay more that $7000 for a used 05. In fact there was a guy selling his 05 here in Boise for $6800obo and he sold it instantly. I know I tried to get it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
[:+1]No reason in the world to pay more than $7000 for it. Maybe a little more, if you really want it (mileage is great!).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trig, good question... I figured if I could buy a good used bike for $7000 or $6500, I could get a helmet and gear and have a total investment of ~$7500 instead of $8500. I could save about a grand or more. I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Smart, and of course it's your opinion/decision, but you may get that grand back through indirect things, i.e - free 1 year waranty...maybe a deal on a longer one, and alot of times you get discounts on gear WHEN buying a bike, and sometimes you get lucky enough to get stuff thrown in.

If I were you and you were I, I'd save one more grand to have a bike that no one has ever touched, and you would still be saving for a bike. Lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trig, I am trying to sell my house. If it sells, then I will have more cash free. Right now I have to be thinking about paying earnest money, inspections, etc, so I don't want to spend all my cash! I am not in a huge hurry to buy, so if I can't find the right deal, then I will wait and buy a brand new one.:D

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
If it helps you out i paid $7,000 cash for a 2005 ZX-6R with 160 miles on it, solo tail included.
That was when the bikes were only out for 3 months.
Check Ebay as well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I did buy my bike on ebay.Paid 5500.It had 5400 miles on.I have it now and it runs great.I don't think you can get the bike with 8000 and something out the door.Do not forget the tax you have to pay too.If I was you I would get it.1000 and some miles?Come oon it is brand new.besides you do not have to worry about monthly payments.Best thing.Pay it off, no worries.I did the same with mine.To me, a brand new bike is not worth it.Not to say that the dealer will charge dealer fee and so many things extra.throw in something?Pleeeease that's bull.Don't have the same mentality like most of the people.this is how dealers and banks make money.With less than 1000 you can get a riding gear.You buy a bike new,you will never get tha money back.Rite now if I wanna sell my bike I am sure that I can take 6000 for it.It runs fantastic.I do service myself.Bought myself the PDF format of kawa service manual.dealers rip you off.My advice.Buy it and that's it.
Of course the last decision will be yours.
Good luck with any decision you will take.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by driver311
Thats all the bike is worth. I just paid $8200 out the door for my 06. So no way should you have to pay more that $7000 for a used 05. In fact there was a guy selling his 05 here in Boise for $6800obo and he sold it instantly. I know I tried to get it.
$8200 OTD? How the hell you pull that off? What was base price on the bike?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think I talked to this guy too. Is it blue and in Marietta area? I ended up buying a bluewith seat cowl and with 1700 miles and 4yr extended waranty for 7000, which is "fair". Although I was really wanting to only spend 6500.00. I just got impatient. Good luck!

Originally posted by caseyrf
I will wrap my intro into this message, if it is okay. I live in Atlanta (west side), went to Kennesaw State University and have been riding for a while but am in the market for a good used bike. I have cash in hand. Anyway, I found a 05 636 with ~1100 miles. The seller is asking $7600 for the bike and I offered him $7000. Am I being ridiculous with my offer? I know we are in season and all and I will probably not get a killer deal, but is $7000 a fair deal?.

Thanks and love the site by the way,
caseyrf

·
Registered
514 Posts
I payed $8200 OTD for my 05 as well. Bought it in July last year.

And personally. I think a savings of a few hundred dollars on a low-mileage used bike isn't really worth it IMO. I'd rather pay a little extra and break it in how I want to and be the sole owner of the bike. You never know how that previous owner treated the bike. And for around $1000 cheaper than brand new, I wouldn't want to find out. That's just not worth it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The guy is in Cleveland Tn, he is selling on Ebay. His reserve is $7900 and he said that if he did not get the reserve he may offer it to me for $7000. I think the bid is up to $6100 and I think I am going to pass on this deal. $7000 for a used 05 is a little high. If my house sells, I will have more cash and get the bike I want.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by trig
Down in tejas, Kawasaki City of Irving sells the 06' for $8237 out the door. That's not a sale, that's regular price for them.
Does Texas have sales tax? That would knock about $750 off my OTD price right there. Last July I paid just under $10,000 OTD for my bike with a couple helmets and a jacket. Ouch, now I feel like I've been had...

·
Registered
149 Posts
WOW. My OTD price was $9818 and some change!!! I think I got [:M43]!! All I got with this was a Scorpion EXO400 helmet, a ramp, ratcheting tiedowns, a pair of Joe Rocket carbon fiber knuckled gloves, and a canyon dancer. The price on the bike was 8900, but they "knocked" 100 off when I said how much more they costed than a "regular" colored ZX6.

·
Registered
154 Posts
wow, u guys are crying, i got ripped!!! i paid 12000 for mine without anything!!! man i was such a fool. here in melbourne florida only one place to buy the bike and i didnt have a clue what it was really worth. nothing i can do about it now, i got a good monthly thing, although i want to kill them now. i did get that stupid gap insurance and the extended warrantee. still got ripped :(. hey 7000, awsome price. go for it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.