Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok minus the bias. There is a red R6 with only 1k miles going for 6500 and a 05 blue zx6r with 8k miles for 6900. The r6 is stock and the zx6r has a power commander, micron exhaust, gpr damper. Whats the pros and cons to each bike. Also which one is most like the feel of the 04 zx6r

·
Registered
301 Posts
Your on a kawasaki forum, eveyones gonna tell you to get the kaw. Im gonna tell you to get the kaw. I was up in the air between the raven R6 and my bike (05' 636) I think the R6 was comfy and loved the color but the 636 has a beast of a motor. But get what you feel is right.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would skip the 05 R6 and grab up the kawi, its pretty much ready to go. Now if it were the 06 R6 maybe the tables would turn. The 05 really doesnt hold a candle next to the 06 R6, its just a way sicker bike. 8k miles isnt exactly brand new for an 05 either. Personally I would keep shopping, youve got some money to play with, why not put that down on a brand new bike, there giving away 06 ZX10r's at my local kawi place for 9999! U would finance like 3 grand and change and have a 60 $ payment everymonth.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you're talking technical then read last year's reviews.....the Kawi came ahead on almost all counts.....better torque and power distribution, handling, braking, clutch, etc.....everything being equal and with all the add-ons the Kawi seems to be the better deal...but if you're crazy about the R6 or if you can't afford the extra 400$ then go for it.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
my best friend has an 05 R6 and i have to say that our bikes are way better. the R6 has a more comfortable seating position, imo, but the arm position is uncomfortable and it also has a dead spot on the throttle that is very noticeable. the R6 also has a very abrupt jerk when you let off the throttle, which is scary as fuck over 60mph. id go with the Kawi, but if you were planning on picking up either for cash then just put it towards a new one. that way you're the only one to ever ride it

·
Registered
154 Posts
my only thought on the 6r is ?? with all those fine mods..has it been ridden hard( abused)? Where as the r6 may have been traded off cause it was uncomfortable?:D.
I personally like the 6R but I have never ridden an R6, just sat on it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Originally posted by CHRISZX6RR
I would skip the 05 R6 and grab up the kawi, its pretty much ready to go. Now if it were the 06 R6 maybe the tables would turn. The 05 really doesnt hold a candle next to the 06 R6, its just a way sicker bike. 8k miles isnt exactly brand new for an 05 either. Personally I would keep shopping, youve got some money to play with, why not put that down on a brand new bike, there giving away 06 ZX10r's at my local kawi place for 9999! U would finance like 3 grand and change and have a 60 $ payment everymonth.
Hell, there's a brand new ZX-14 at the dealer by my house for 10,500+TT&L, not too bad for a brand new flagship bike.

BTW, I didn't like the 06 R6 for the street, feels really weak on the low end. For a lot of trackdays though, I'd be great.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by mikeeb
Ok minus the bias. There is a red R6 with only 1k miles going for 6500 and a 05 blue zx6r with 8k miles for 6900. The r6 is stock and the zx6r has a power commander, micron exhaust, gpr damper. Whats the pros and cons to each bike. Also which one is most like the feel of the 04 zx6r
haha i got an 05 blue 636 with 1400 miles and some extra goodies for 7k...[8D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are looking for a long term bike I would go for the R6 only because it has lower miles. I ride an 05 636 and my roommate has an 05 R6. Yes, I like my bike better but there really isn't that much of a difference in performance. If you have your heart set on an 636 just keep looking, you can find ones with low miles all over the place.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by Witty
If you are looking for a long term bike I would go for the R6 only because it has lower miles. I ride an 05 636 and my roommate has an 05 R6. Yes, I like my bike better but there really isn't that much of a difference in performance. If you have your heart set on an 636 just keep looking, you can find ones with low miles all over the place.
[:+1]
6900$ for a modded bike with 8k is not that bad specially the kind of mods the bike has (about 1500-2000$) but personally, I'd take the lower miles with everything stock. Maybe its just me but whenever I see a modded bike I always think that its beeing ridden hard vice a very low mileage bike but then again thats just my own little 2 cents...

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'd say lowball the guy with the 636, with that many miles it aint worth much, even with the mods.

This is beside the point, but people talking about the bike being ridden hard... all I gotta say is I fuckin hope it was ridden hard. Sportbikes aren't made for any other purpose that to ride the fuckin HELL out of em'. If you wanna putt around go buy a GoldWing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Exactly my point, I "ride the fuckin HELL out of em" everyday and extra harder on weekends. I bought my bike brand new and I am keeping it till it croaks on me (just like my 92zx7r). We all know that that sportbikes are meant to be ridden hard (proper place). I am just saying that If I was in his situation, I would rather get the all stock bike that has 1000 hard miles rather than a modded bike that has 8000 hard miles. The chances of the bike lasting longer is greater than the other bike. Oh yeah, the r6 feels a little closer to the 03-04 zx6r vice the 05-06 zx6r.

·
Registered
272 Posts
the zx-6r is seemingly always one generation behind or ahead (depends on how you look at it). when i started riding the '02 zx-6r was crap compared to the suzuki, honda, yamaha. then the 636 came out and it was pretty hot shit. then the other three companies stepped it up and up until '05 the zx-6r fell back again. with the '05 it became hot shit again. now with the new generation R6 and GSX-Rs out, it seems our kawis are "old" again.

at this pace we'll be riding motogp bikes with headlights on them in about 8 years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok just rode the 6r and love it. Real smooth and comfy. Guy has a blue 05 with 6700 miles. Carbon fiber yosh slip on, pcIII power commander, frame sliders, seat cowl, integrated tail kit. Bikes in really good condition. Guys asking 6500 but I will offer him 6 or walk. What do you all think of that deal?

Rode the R6 and liked it but not as much as the 6r. I also think the r6 is gettin old looking as well

·
Registered
161 Posts
Like I said 6500 is good deal specially with the the mods his got, if you can talk him down to 6000 then that is a very good deal. I agree with you on the r6 it does look old specially seeing the new ones. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I will start at 6 but would settle for 6300. Hopefully I will be back on a kawi again soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.