Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got into a wreck this past weekend and my subframe is bent up and my swing arm may be aslo. I was wondering if i could put an 05 sub frame on and swing arm on my 03. That way i can put on the 05 exhaust so its underneath the tail. will the 05 sub frame bolt right up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
doubtfull, since between 03/04 to the 05 there was a total revamp. updated motor/frame/subframe/etc.etc.etc.

bolt pattern most likely isn't the same since the 2 use a different frame.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It will fit! Whether you go 05'-06' swingarm and wheel or buy the 03'-04' swingarm and roll a 05'-06' wheel. If you buy an 03'-04' swingarm to run a 05'-06' wheel all you need is a different spacer, caliper side.

There are a lot of people switching to 05'-06' swingarm (don't know why maybe looks) It's not that complicated form my understanding. Do a search either here or stuntlife.

·
Registered
455 Posts
so i got into a wreck this past weekend and my subframe is bent up and my swing arm may be aslo. I was wondering if i could put an 05 sub frame on and swing arm on my 03. That way i can put on the 05 exhaust so its underneath the tail. will the 05 sub frame bolt right up?
It will fit! Whether you go 05'-06' swingarm and wheel or buy the 03'-04' swingarm and roll a 05'-06' wheel. If you buy an 03'-04' swingarm to run a 05'-06' wheel all you need is a different spacer, caliper side.

There are a lot of people switching to 05'-06' swingarm (don't know why maybe looks) It's not that complicated form my understanding. Do a search either here or stuntlife.

Nice post but OP was more keen on info about 05 subframe...
Thank you, I did read through the OP pretty quickly and it seem you did the same with mine. :) Cause I did answer his question about the swingarm which was one of his questions. I also put up the option of keeping an 03'-04' swingarm. I answered where I was able (swingarm) did not answer where I didn't know (subframe). My apologies for not answering both, or where the OP was more keen on.:)

Edit: Picks of a guy who did the swingarm, exhaust but not the 05'-06' subframe. And from what I read he has never had a problem with the rear tire hitting the exhaust. Yes he does stunt.
Interested it's JohnnyP on stuntlife, he may or may not be on here.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
...but with the swing arm there is search, it has been almost beat to death. :)
(Doing the swap on my own bike too but progress is slow as I have lots of projects going on)

JohnnyP's bike is nice and something new to the subject. How about the heat?

But as said, 05 subframe won't bolt-on but it's nothing a little welding won't fix. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just been kicking the idea around about having an 05-06 rear on my bike but it seems it will be alittle more work then I want right now. So ill prob just put a new 03 rear back on unless someone on here disagree with everyone and has proof that putting the 05 tail on is simple.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
markketo what do you mean by this? Trying to understand but sometimes I'm slow and challenged. lol :)

I personally think the 03'-04' tail by far looks tons better than the 05'-06'.
There's at least two how-to topics plus other topics, that's what I ment.

Ixil makes that undertail exhaust for 03. It isn't that bad but at least it needs to be shortened a lot. Stick with the side pipe, definetly the best. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts