Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 05 swingarm in my 04 636. The swingarm from the 04 is a bit wider then the 05. What do I have to change more (before I order ;) ). Bracket from the rearcaliper from a 05, rear wheel spacer??

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the 05 swingarm in my 04 636. The swingarm from the 04 is a bit wider then the 05. What do I have to change more (before I order ;) ). Bracket from the rearcaliper from a 05, rear wheel spacer??
So you put an 05'-06' swingarm on your 04' 636 and are you wanting to run your 04' wheels or do you have 05'-06' wheels as well?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you put an 05'-06' swingarm on your 04' 636 and are you wanting to run your 04' wheels or do you have 05'-06' wheels as well?
I want to run the 04 wheels in the 05 swingarm. I have 3 sets of wheels (for track use) so changing them all for 05 wheels isn't an option now...

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
you will need to make a thinner rear caliper mount and probably grind down the welds on the swing arm where the caliper mount slides over the swing arm , you could just mill down an 05 06 caliper mount but i don't know how strong that would be

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
doesnt a company make wheel spacers specifically for this purpose? I know i have seen them on here some where.
putting the 05 06 wheels in the 03 04 swing arm just requires an extra spacer for the wheel and a spacer for the caliper mount but going the other way takes a little more work

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
If you need more spacers to fit '05 wheels on the '04 swingarm, wouldn't that mean that '04 wheels would be too wide for an '05 swingarm???

I've never seen '04 wheels on an '05 swingarm.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
exactly why you need a thinner caliper bracket

Main goal would be to keep the front and rear wheel in line as wel as the sprockets/chain. The rear caliper and holder also have to stay in line with the rotor.

I have to measure both sides to see what is possible. I think if I only make the calliper thinner, the wheel wouldn't be in line. On the other hand, if I also cut away sme material on the sprocket side, that might not line up.....

I'll put in the engine and whels etc in this week, so I can start measuring.....

The 05 wheel has a thinner inner part then? When I compare the sizes from the wheel spacers, the sprocket side is only 2mm shorter on the 05 wheel. I'll start whit that one and then see what's posible with the bracket.

Keep you updated!

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
the 05 06 wheel does in fact have a thinner hub but the difference is all on the rotor side hence the need to have a thinner caliper mount if you want to put the 05 06 wheel in an 03 04 swingarm .

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finaly got it done!

Got myself 2 brake adapter plates, one for fitting and the other I will use to make it nice and clean with these measurements.

there are a few things to be done to finish it, but I'm happy with the result.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hard to tell if you made a new caliper bracket or milled down the stock one ???
used a stock one
Bought 2 of them (secondhand :) ) and now used one to see if it would fit. With these measurements I'll have the other one adjusted in the CNC ;)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
i bet there isn't alot of material left on the bracket where it slides over the swing arm , i would probably make a steel bracket and connect the two ends at the other end of the part that slides over the swing arm

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Finaly got it done!

Got myself 2 brake adapter plates, one for fitting and the other I will use to make it nice and clean with these measurements.

there are a few things to be done to finish it, but I'm happy with the result.
Wow, and I never knew it was possible. Looks good, I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Good looking stuff man...

cant wait to have some down time to play with my bikes..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts