Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys know if 05 stock is slightly designed differently than the 03? When I put my lowering links on the middle hole ( lowers about 2" ) the 03 shock body (reservoir) is about 1/16" away from hitting the 05 swingarm, it will hit if I bounce on it.

Anybody with a 05 shock and swingarm care to chime in?

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi,

there are plenty of topics on this exact subject.. you will need an 05 shock if you are swapping the swing arm i beleive, but if you do a search on this forum im sure you will find the right answers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I search this forum daily just to avoid comments like yours...The 03 shock will work fine at stock height. Back to the question, is there a slight difference in the reservoir design with the 05 ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
here is a link which you might find helpful, apologies but i didn not read the question properly at first,
im sure that if this link does not help you then the guy who wrote it may be able to shed some light on the matter?

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=48708&highlight=swingarm

im also not sure if this conversion will work using lowering links either? perhaps you need to have some new lowering links custom made for this setup?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts