Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so bummed. someone stole my pride and joy. i live in rancho palos verdes, those of you from so cal might know that it is SUPPOSED to be a relatively safe neighborhood. I had a disc lock on it, but i guess that doesn't stop anyone from just lifting it onto a truck. here's a pic of my bike. since that picture was taken, i had also added an akra exhaust and gpr damper. not expecting anyone to find it or anything. just wanted to start a post as sort of a tribute.

R.I.P. 636

P.S. anyone have any idea when the '07 will be in the dealerships?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
sorry bout your luck. im never going to california!! at least im not taking my bike over there!! seems the majority of posts about stolen bikes are from cali

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, thank goodness i have insurance. i'd really be killing myself if i didn't. this will be the first claim i've ever filed though. does anyone else have any experience with state farm? how long can i expect to wait before i get the insurance check? how much can i expect to get for a 13 month old bike with a large amount of money spent on mods? hopefully my insurance covers the mods too. that's the one thing i have to check on that i wasn't sure about.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Thats the reason i dont leave my bike unsupervised when she is out and about...Kinda fucked that you work your ass to get something nice and do some mods and even at home you have to worry if she will be there when you return....

there is no way i would leave my Raw Ti Sweety alone for more then 10-15 minutes without checkin up on her when out and about..

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
jd is right it messed up you cant have you baby at home and not worry. state farm cuts the check quickly on cars so i think it will be the same as for how much if you have recpits for your mods you sould get them back. sry about the lose. They pay kbb or a bit more or less depending

·
Registered
703 Posts
Originally posted by cmikepee
I'm so bummed. someone stole my pride and joy. i live in rancho palos verdes, those of you from so cal might know that it is SUPPOSED to be a relatively safe neighborhood. I had a disc lock on it, but i guess that doesn't stop anyone from just lifting it onto a truck. here's a pic of my bike. since that picture was taken, i had also added an akra exhaust and gpr damper. not expecting anyone to find it or anything. just wanted to start a post as sort of a tribute.

R.I.P. 636

'''''''mike. i live in the south-bay. where was your bike stolen from? i saw a silver 636 today, but i think it is a guy who lives in hermosa....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ldrexler
Quote:
Originally posted by cmikepee

R.I.P. 636

'''''''mike. i live in the south-bay. where was your bike stolen from? i saw a silver 636 today, but i think it is a guy who lives in hermosa....

i live in Rancho Palos Verdes

·
Registered
265 Posts
I live in Redondo, Ill keep my eyes open. If you dont mind me asking whereabouts in RPV? What time?

·
Registered
81 Posts
very sorry to hear that man, i live in ranco palos verdes aslo, multi million dollar homes only. did they get you in front of your home? plz dont tell me it is where that photo was takin because i run around there alot. give me a heads up so i can keep a look out.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
with my progressive...he has this thing in his truck that lets him look up parts on the spot. I showed him printouts of prices on aftermarket parts. I'm covered up to $3000 additional parts. He was prepared to write a check that day, on the spot

·
Registered
150 Posts
That sucks man :(. Sure do hear about alot of bikes getting snatched in Cali whats up? 10/2 is my birthday, I would have cried all day.

I wonder where all the stolen bikes are going? Mexico? There can't be all that much profit in selling the parts. And if so WE are the ones buying those stolen parts so maybe WE should do our part to not buy from thieves. I don't know how but to check out who you buy from but there is only a market if WE keep buying stuff. I have bought used parts off the net but I always assumed it was off of some poor dudes wrecked bike, but I going to start rethinking that whole deal now.

Good luck man, I hope you get a bike soon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
lets go back to gradeschool guys.....may sound retarded, but just carry around a cable and lock. lock that sob to anything rooted to the ground....disc locks are junk.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Some insurance companies wait 30 days to cut a check to make sure that the bike isn't found. Let your adjuster know that you had aftermarket upgrades on the bike and show copies of your receipts and you'll do better. Some also require a copy of the police report to make sure that you actually reported it stolen, which can take a few days.
Good luck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just talked to my claims agent. she took down all the information she needed. she said that they typically wait 3-4 weeks to make sure the bike isn't recovered. Then after that 3-4 weeks they will go into determining the value of the bike. not sure how long that takes, i forgot to ask. So i guess it will be at least a month, probably closer to two.

·
Registered
449 Posts
well, im sorry to hear your lose man i know how you feel. I had my 03 gixxer stolen at bike week and just put a hotbodies untertail exhaust on.... Not to mention my brothers dumb ass just bought a new R1 paid cash nver put insurance on it and it was stolen with mine... 8000 down the drain. Moral to the story dont give up looking, b.c they found my bike 2 months later to the day totalled :( so there is some what of hope! Bike week was in Myrtle Beach I live in Cincinnati Ohio so it was along way home!!!!

Rick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.