Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is my new bike, Just bought it 05 636 about 7k miles, crashed at the track. I am just gonna keep it on the track. Seems it was lowsided which turned into a tumble so the Damage is extensive. Cant start it ( ignition is gone) but here are the first few pics...

If anyone has parts for sale you think I might need, please PM me - saves me shopping!

Swing arm is bent slightly i think. Rear rim is toast..

Tops of the forks are damaged, ignition is ripped off, frt master cylinder is gone, whats left of triple seems straight as do the forks but need more time to assess that. Clip ons seem straight but one has moved so hard to tell. Probably gonna try and delete the ignition/key system.

Frame is dented and not sure about the neck.I will measure the distance from frt rim to headers and compare it to my buds..

Reactions: h20-50

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Race body work is destroyed, subframe is bent. Has a PC III (condition unknown), arata rear sets and a akro slip on ( slighty damaged)

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am gonna have to call on other peeps knowledge. If the forks are straight, how easy to repair those ends? Should I replace the triple? good deal on subframe? I am still thinking about upgrading from stock ( ZX-RR forks etc)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I would take it to get the frame and everything checked out to see if they are straight. I would just replace the forks. Give tom a call at Advanced I know they have a spair sub frame, and many other parts you will probably need.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What about swing arm? where to measure from, to see if bent badly? I just found a sub frame on here...

How much did you get it for, if you don't mind me asking?
Its a good deal as long as the engine runs ;)

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I would take it to get the frame and everything checked out to see if they are straight.
+1

What about swing arm? where to measure from, to see if bent badly? I just found a sub frame on here...
Get it professionally measured. No need to skip one of the most important steps.

--David

Can I consider that my "California" bike??

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha Can i consider you a sponsor? I think I will just buy replacements. Ever took an engine out of a bike larry?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
With the amount of front end damage the frame can't be straight which will cause wierd effect on the track. That is a "project" bike for sure. Make sure you don't rush it and take your time to put it together.

What does the front rim look like? What does the space look like inbetween the front tire and radiator?

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With the amount of front end damage the frame can't be straight which will cause wierd effect on the track. That is a "project" bike for sure. Make sure you don't rush it and take your time to put it together.

What does the front rim look like? What does the space look like inbetween the front tire and radiator?
front rim looks ok but I have only had a cursory look at it. I will measure the distance from forks to headrers and compare tonite. I wont be rushing this, not enough cash lol but thanks for the advice.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe will pm you later nevada ;)

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.