Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right-hand side of my upper fairing seems to vibrate a lot while riding to the point that it makes the right mirror too blurry to see in. Even while stopped, the right hand mirror vibrates quite a bit, and the left is steady.

I have checked all the screws that I can see and they're all tight, if I pull on it, it doesn't seem to give more on the right side than the left side, I can't really figure it out.

I'm assuming this isn't normal...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Check your ram air assembly where it bolts to the frame. There should be two bolts on each side. On my bike two of the bolts were loose because the plastic had cracked there and the whole upper fairing was bouncing up and down. I bought a new ram air assembly for $100 and all is well now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jdawg82
Check your ram air assembly where it bolts to the frame. There should be two bolts on each side. On my bike two of the bolts were loose because the plastic had cracked there and the whole upper fairing was bouncing up and down. I bought a new ram air assembly for $100 and all is well now.
Thanks for the tip. Was that on your 03? I don't know if it'd be the same on an 05, but could you get to the bolts to check it without taking off all the fairings? I know I'd have to take them off to actually replace the ram air if that's the problem, but just to check it can you get in there enough by just removing the upper-inner fairings?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yea it was on my 03 but im certain its the same on the 05. Sit on the bike and follow the frame up to where it meets the black plastic ram air. No need to remove any fairings to check. On the side of the frame there will be two bolts on either side.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I checked the screws (I see what you were talking about now, jdawg82) they're fine. In fact, the whole ram air assembly seems pretty rigid. I removed the upper fairing to get the headlights out and modify the headlight harness. All I can think is I didn't get it seated properly on the ram-air duct... I really don't want to take the whole friggen thing apart again, but, it's looking like I'm going to have to...ugh.

It doesn't make sense that the bolts would go into the bracket if it wasn't seated right. Maybe I accidentally knocked the seal off on one side or something stupid like that...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yea I would check the seal where the screen of the ram air duct is. The bolts will line up if you have the seal to the frame on correctly but that will have no effect on the ram air to fairings seal. Forgot to mention on mine the bolts appeared to be tight and they were but they were no longer attached to the larger plastic piece as they had broken off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.