Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there fellow ninja owners. I am coming to you in search of some guidance and wisdom. I have recently had to replace my fuel pump and after completing this I have noticed that the ninja tended to idle at higher rpm's then before. I have decided to take it in for a diagnostic @ my local dealer and they found out that the motor that controls the secondary throttle bodies was not working as supposed to and that it would have needed replacing. Now a brand new throttle body will run you close to $1300 and an ebay one about $125 (that is if you are lucky enough to find one that's working). Now finally for my question!!! Since I am only using this on the track and its pretty much always above 5k rpm’s, was thinking of just removing the throttle blades and doing the Kleen Air mod. Anyone have any pros and cons on this matter. I know there are many threads on the subject, but I was still hoping to get some more input from the great minds that grace us with their presence on this forum. Thanks again folks for the help!!! :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flattery won't save you from "search is your best friend"

Yes sir believe me i have spent plenty of hours for the last 2 weeks researching this matter and my mind is set doing the mod. Was just curious if anyone had something else to add. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts