Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I know very little about 4-wheelers, I thought I would ask for your opinions.

I had a guy tell me tonight that his Kawi '06 750 Brute Force 4x4i could beat my '05 6R off the line.

All I could do is laugh, but I thought I would see what you all thought as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i can believe it. 4 wheels to put down 750 worth of power compared to 1 (contact patch is tiny on top of that) to put down 636 worth... it'd be worth seeing.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
In the grass or dirt for sure....what distance we talking?

On asphalt if you can ride you should be able to rip off a
0-60mph in less than 3.5 seconds for sure.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by GoTime
i can believe it. 4 wheels to put down 750 worth of power compared to 1 (contact patch is tiny on top of that) to put down 636 worth... it'd be worth seeing.
Powering 4 wheels would be less efficient so a lower percentage of the engine's power would actually reach the wheels. The motor is a twin so probably great torque but I would guess not near the horsepower. The quad also has a dry weight from Kawasaki listed at 604 pounds. It would take a lot of power to make up that extra couple hundred pounds. On pavement, I don't think the quad would stand a chance... When he says "off the line" what does he mean? First 50 feet? First 20 feet? Even if he noses out first, I would assume the bike would blast by him almost right away. I'm just guessing though and I would like to think our bikes are faster.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to him again, and he is backing down now. He said his 750 "might" pull away for the first 10 feet. He doesn't want to test his theory because he just got it last week and it only has 30 miles and 7 hours on it thus far. I'm going to keep trying later this year to see if we can set it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.