Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, someone tried to steal my bike last night and took the ignition wires off. I need to get it home ASAP. I was wondering if I could put the *********** to the switch and the grey and brown together so I can go ahead and start the bike. I know I have to use a resistor with the brown wire. Any help would be great!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
You don't need a resister...i have this one on my bike (ignition bypass) and works like a champ.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Long story short, someone tried to steal my bike last night and took the ignition wires off. I need to get it home ASAP. I was wondering if I could put the *********** to the switch and the grey and brown together so I can go ahead and start the bike. I know I have to use a resistor with the brown wire. Any help would be great!
:squint:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The right up says you need a 1/8 WATT 100 OHM RESISTOR... and that also seems permenant. I still have the key so I can re soder at a later time when I get it out of this sketchy hood.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Isn't the white wire the power? Grey goes to the ecu? And brown is ignition?
Typically yes. I was making a joke at your wording. Look up there and see what I put in bold. It was for a laugh. I hope you get the ignition figured out. So what exactly did the theif do to your ignition exactly? Cut the wires? If so, take the tank off, find where the ignition plugs into the wire harness, take it off, splice wires back together, done. I put an 05/06 ZX6R ignition on my ZZR and that's all I did (well I moved the pins from one plug to the other, but same basic idea). I'm not sure what this resistor stuff is you're talking about.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been looking on here and other forums and I see that the ecu needs around 10volts to operate I guess for the sake that it can't be hotwired. I was told the resistor was in the ignition. And inorder to put it on a switch, then you would need an external resistor inline.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
You can hotwire this bike in no time...no resister needed.

I will PM you the details.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was able to get it out the hood safely. Thanks for everyones help. I will also look into your rewiring JDgun_13... Thanks Again!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
sorry man that is from countless years ago, i dont have the schematics for it, or the memory to recall without doing some wire tracing..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts