Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new battery installed yesterday, and fuses were checked. The bike will crank over with the "fi" light blinking. You can also hear the fuel pump prime when the ignition switch is turned on. However, I hooked up a ground wire to the service wire and there are no codes blinking on the cluster. At this point I noticed a sound which reminded me of an old printer and I was able to find the source of the noise. A small black box right inside of the right frame rail. from reading other posts i am thinking it is the subthrottle actuator/ autochoke motor? Can you guys point me in the right direction to getting this bike started?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I hate to disagree with someone who has almost 16k posts, but it is def not a battery issue. (once approved) Below is a video of my actual sensor making the noise and although its not as clear as the other video I posted above it is the same sound.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, from reading up on this issue it looks like i have no other option other than buy a new or used throttle body assembly. great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I installed an Ebay throttle assembly and the continuing noise from the sub-throttle valves that I used to hear is not present anymore! But it still wont start!.

I double checked the battery again and it is fine.

Wont start, but turns over.

No codes...

UPDATE After cranking for about 2 mins it started. It sputterd for a bit, but then stayed running with a choppy idle. I adjusted the idle and let it warm up for about twenty mins. Looks like I can bolt everything back up and get out there. It may not seem like much, but Big Thanks to this site as I was able to get it running from the info on here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts