Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone eles stunt there 05/06 zx6r. i find it hard to find the balance point. doesent feel like a good stunt bike.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i love my 05. i had it for sale cause i was gonna pay off the loan and buy an f4i but i just looped it a couple days ago practicing idle wheelies so now i got a nice new stunt bike!!! i would have hated selling it though so im pretty happy now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats what i wanted to do is get a f4i. i had a f4i a few years ago and loved it for stunting. but i t-boned a car with it and destroyed it. so now i cant decide if i should keep tring with the zx6r or go back to the f4i

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by 636Fool
there should be no problem balancing on the 05
oh yeh definetely no problem on mine it is very well balanced, very smooth power delivery. this bike might take over the stunting world in the next couple years

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by keithk76

oh yeh definetely no problem on mine it is very well balanced, very smooth power delivery. this bike might take over the stunting world in the next couple years

Yep thats the way i feel, i love the way my 05 wheelies and i have a friend who stunts an 03 i let him try mine and he loves how smooth it is.

the only things that keeps the 05 from being a great stunt machine is that you cant dent the tank and the exhaust is kind of in the way of a 12 bar.

·
Registered
668 Posts
you can dent the tank...

and the weak parts about them are the subframe.

the exhaust does suck ass but if you just cut the can im sure youll be fine.

I might tough my bike out for another year and save all the $$$ i can...completly trash my 00 6r and find a wrecked 05 636 after im not wrecking as much.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by vettjd01
you can dent the tank...

and the weak parts about them are the subframe.

the exhaust does suck ass but if you just cut the can im sure youll be fine.

I might tough my bike out for another year and save all the $$$ i can...completly trash my 00 6r and find a wrecked 05 636 after im not wrecking as much.

dentin that little back half of the tank doesnt seem like its going to even help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol nice shit. i did the same to my exhaust i fuck up my back end though. as soon as i scraped the back end plastics just exsploded lol.

·
Registered
276 Posts
haha nice keith.

im going to be selling my 05 stunt bike sometime soon i think (got tickets for criminal speeding, evading oficers, running stop sings ect...)

so if anyone is looking for a good bike with low miles and good parts keep in touch with me. Im going to get it painted and take care of the ugly little things nobody wants to deal with when they buy a bike.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
you shouldnt sell it just stop ridin on the street! i bought a truck so i can load the bike up and drive down to the strip that way i can bring some drinks and some food and whatever and hang out and practice and i stay out of trouble with the feds. but if you do decide to sell it do you have a cage on it?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by keithk76
you shouldnt sell it just stop ridin on the street! i bought a truck so i can load the bike up and drive down to the strip that way i can bring some drinks and some food and whatever and hang out and practice and i stay out of trouble with the feds. but if you do decide to sell it do you have a cage on it?
+1 ... and nice tail keith! i cut mine down like 5inches on the 01 so i can rip it WAAY far back. i like that extra room. i dont know what id do with a 05/06...well ya i do. id besmashing the exhaust every time id ride a willy!

o ya.

denting the back half of the tank is where you want to dent it. at an angle to. it makes it easier to combo jump to the tank, easier to setp to frog, and makes spreaders,50/50s, and HCs look gangstAr as hell.

·
Registered
276 Posts
yeah it has a FI cage, -1 front gearing, acerbis headlight wich i modded to have two 55 watt bulbs (instead of one 15 watt), custom seats, GPR srabilizer and brand new metzler M3 tires.

i guess i could keep it but i i might have to sell it to pay for court fees anyways, thanks for the positive coments.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
damn court costs are always rediculously expensive. what happened by the way?? did you try to run or something? ive gotten pulled over twice now ridin a wheelie and both times they let me go cause i pulled over. i do have like 10 pts on my license right now though i got a letter saying one more ticket and my license is gone for 12 months so im tryin to cool it down on the streets.

let me know if you wanna sell the cage or headlight. im gonna have to lose my fairing before too long, but for now it looks pretty good. i like givin my bike character and i feel like im actually riding it and getting the most out of it i can.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by vettjd01

+1 ... and nice tail keith!

denting the back half of the tank is where you want to dent it. at an angle to. it makes it easier to combo jump to the tank, easier to setp to frog, and makes spreaders,50/50s, and HCs look gangstAr as hell.
thanks! my tanks got a nice dent on the side so i guess its time to go ahead and smash in the top, how should i do this? i was thinkin maybe a rubber mallet but id like it to be kinda smooth so its comfy to sit on.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
take a look at this pic

you can see my fork adjustment got a little chewed up. any ideas on maybe some kind of guard to go over the top of the fork so the adjuster doesnt get ruined? does anybody have something like that? i was thinkin maybe some kind of rubber boot that might force fit over the top of the fork might stay put..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.