Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any problems, with the 05 RR, I am thinking about picking one up and don't want any known surprises. Thanks

·
Registered
980 Posts
Does anyone know of any problems, with the 05 RR, I am thinking about picking one up and don't want any known surprises. Thanks
For normal street riding if it wasn't abused etc. it should be fine. If it is going to be or was a race bike, the transmission is its weak link. I've used both motors in my race bikes and I have had to replace the trans in both motors. If I would make a guess the 6RR trans lasted just a little bit longer.

I have two bikes, one with a 6RR motor and one with a 636 motor. I think the problem is due to the power that the motors are putting out. My 6RR motor made 112 and the 636 117. Personaly I didn't like 1st gear in the 6RR (too tall) it was harder to launch with out reving it to the moon. I wouldn't not buy one because of it, if you want one get it. There is only a few differences between the bikes. I'd rather have the extra hp than the more trick stuff that few will use properly.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
As above, some of the tranny's had a few problems. Mine has never had any problems. First gear is a little tall, but it makes the other gears closer together.

I love it, I wouldn't trade it for any other bike in the current market, even a liter bike. Except maybe the 09 zx6r when it comes out. Then probably.

·
Registered
678 Posts
i agree with the second gear thing. The issue ive had with it is i sometimes go to hit it and itll move into neutral instead, so you just have to be aware or it. Other than that, i love the thing. its fast enough, powerful and Oh yes- green is faster...lol

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
aside from the above, ive never heard of a 2nd failure out of an RR(599)
I'll :plusone: that. I mistakenly grouped the zx6r and zx6rr together since they're almost the same. I apologize for the misunderstanding in my first post. Besides the post above, I have never heard of a second gear problem with a zx6rr.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll :plusone: that. I mistakenly grouped the zx6r and zx6rr together since they're almost the same. I apologize for the misunderstanding in my first post. Besides the post above, I have never heard of a second gear problem with a zx6rr.
well, i did pic it up, here's a pic: and i bought the RR because i assumed it didn't have the 636 2nd gear issue with the different trans. thanks for your comments!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
well, i did pic it up, here's a pic: and i bought the RR because i assumed it didn't have the 636 2nd gear issue with the different trans. thanks for your comments!!!
:eek: That's a sexy bike.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Never had any issues with 2nd gear minus the occasional ghost shift into neutral, but I had the same thing happen on my Duc as well. The RR rocks out with its cock out! Go green or cry you didnt.

·
Registered
678 Posts
MMM...Its so perdy! now just start changin some of those stock parts out, wind screen,rear seat, blinkers, can etc...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts