Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys n gals...I'm trying to prep the the bike for my first track day at summit. So far I have switched to pilot powers front/rear, gpr damper, semi-synthetic oil, braided brake lines, spool and frame sliders.

I would like to know the preferred method to change over to water in the radiator, and which items on your bike need safety clips and how? Also REAR SETS..what is the preferred brand that's simple to install....i would like a color that matches the the magma red. 1 last thing...how did you guys tape off your lights and disable brake lights and turn signals..is it 1 fuse that will take care of that on the 05-06 models...thanks. Damnit..i promise this is my last question...what's a good tire pressure for the PP.[^]

·
Registered
554 Posts
1.Check service manual to find the coolant drain bolt(usually by the waterpump area of engine). 2.I don't think you need to saftey wire anything for a first track day, but maybe you have a strict organization. 3.Vortex,Gilles,,Woodcraft, and Attack are all good your pref. 4. Use blue masking tape. 5. No, 3 fuses they will be labeled and don't remove the horn fuse it will dissable the lap timer. , I think. 6. 29 rear front 31 and make sure you take a couple cold laps before you start the hot laps.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks..for the info. You are right I don't have to safteyy clip everything the first time out.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You will have to flush the radiator and engine block several times to get all the coolant out. Save the first drain and first flush and recycle it, that stuff should not be dumped into the ground water. After the second flush it is pretty diluted.

Blue painters tape is not very good for taping off lights as far as the brake light goes, if you use it for the brake light, you will need at least four layers to block the light, or one layer of blue tape and then just put duct tape on as a second layer on top of the blue tape, that makes it easier to get the duct tape off and no mess. Also the blue tape does not hold together in a crash, but taping lights these days is more about stopping light and less about broken glass than it used to be. As there is no glass now. No need to disable turn signals, primarily get that brake light hidden. check with your provider.

Get a torque wrench and check your oil drain plug that is a killer. check your oil filter for tightness.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you are riding with NESBA, you don't need to drain your coolant out. Just remove your mirrors and tape over all glass-like items (headlight,brakelight and signals). Then just gear up and have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.