Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to see if any one else has noticed any oil problems on the 06 10r.

Well when I do wheelies and I hit 11 oclock or higher my oil leaks outa my crankcase into my airbox and onto my foot and tire.

Im currently working on a mod to eliminate this problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds about right. The 10R is not the best bike for doing stunts. You might want to get some other bike for that purpose.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I am lucky so far my front is always up in the air and didnt notice any leaks yet...I always reach 11+ oclock in first gear..because this gear is so freaking long..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well at 11 + oclock you should be noticing something there especially if your able to keep it at that position for a couple km. I start noticing it when Im up there for over a km. Anyhows. I got it tore apart and it is the gayest setup ever. But I did find a way to prevent this now. Im currenty welding up a lil box (2" x 3" approximetly)with baffles in it, running the crankcase vent into that, having another line exit out from the bottom (when the bike is standing up) and back into the crankcase fill. So yes, I gotta drill a hole into the filler cap. But you also gotta run a vent line from that box bakc to your airbox. Hopefully that gives a few some insite on the issue that Im having.

And yes its a great stunt bike as well. If you know how to stunt that is!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.