Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a topic that is on the forum alot but i need to replace my rear tire and dunlop doesnt make the stock tire in the 190/55 size. So my question is if i get just a rear tire from another company is that going to cause a issue with the tread patterns being different. Also if anyone has any suggestions on what is a good tire to replace with that would be great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
you missed out Cycle gear had a huge sale yesterday, on 190 50 17 and the front tire included, it is not the stock size but it works, even better to. $169 for both tires is sweet. I have a 2006 too and my tire has about 3oo miles left, which I have 2000 on it already.

·
Registered
18 Posts
dunlop does make 190 55 17 . just hard to find . what i'm trying to find out is if anyone has tried to mount a 200 50 17 . is closer to 190 55 17 diameter than 190 50 17 . smaller diameter 190 50 17 throws off speedometer . would like to run 200 50 17 but not sure if it will clear chain . looks real close .

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sgtdanz, you must have been doing a lot of straight lines with that to only get 2800 miles on it, or a lot of burn outs. I've got the regular pilots and am going on 5400 miles and still have about 2 or 3mms before the wear bars. And that's even with taking my bike to the drag strip and burning some of it off. If you aren't doing straight lines all the time, what pressure are you running those at or how often do you check it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Get this, my new 10R (only 200 miles on the clock) and I picked up a 2 inch screw in the center of the rear tire causing a very slow puncture:(.
The guys in the shop only have the BT 002 Racing Street in 190/55. I know everyone dislikes the original Dunlops but has anyone else fitted the BT 002 Racing Street?
Are these a good tire for the 10R (Mainly street riding)[?]

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

·
28,939 Posts
TokyoKawasaki said:
Get this, my new 10R (only 200 miles on the clock) and I picked up a 2 inch screw in the center of the rear tire causing a very slow puncture:(.
The guys in the shop only have the BT 002 Racing Street in 190/55. I know everyone dislikes the original Dunlops but has anyone else fitted the BT 002 Racing Street?
Are these a good tire for the 10R (Mainly street riding)[?]

I'd appreciate any thoughts.
race tires on the street are a bad choice. the mileage you'll get will be terrible and chances are you wont get enough heat in the tire to get it to perform the way it should. once its warm it will stick like a mofo but you also have to take into account heat-cycling. street tires are made to withstand hundreds of heat cycles and race tires are only really good for a handful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts