Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic says, I have an 06 500 with loose clutch linkage. The adj. knob is at "Stage" 5. The clutch engages when the lever is pratically all the way out, it gets farther and farther when going from "stage" 1 and up. 5 is the closest I can get it. I was wondering if I should put the knob at in the 1st positition when I make the adjustment at the clutch housing. This would make the most sense to me, if I get it tight to where I like it at the 1st stage, as it wears/loosens in the future this would allow for the clutch to get tighter when the knob is moved up into the 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th setting correct? I apoligise if that makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't think the lever adjustment makes much of a difference (if any) to how tight the cable is. AFAIK its mainly just an adjustment to accomodate riders w/ diff size hands.

Pretty sure it wont properly adjust the cable when it starts to get loose.

·
Registered
522 Posts
well sir, you are in luck because just last friday i adjusted mine. the dealer had mine set about halfway to engage and after i took my BRC on a buell (had it adjusted correctly) i could no longer stand it. follow your linkage down to the right side (if your sitting on it) of the engine. youll see where the cable linkage connects up with a little tab and bar running into the trans. along the way youll have noticed a little "holder" that the cable runs through. on either side of this cable is a (iirc 12mm) nut. losen the downstream nut and tighten the upstream one (i think thats how it goes, if not do it the other way). just keep adjusting and testing till you get it out you want.

riding is great now and i can click through the gears in no time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.