260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 636 SE
2,500 miles
Only power mod is an Akrapovic slip on

I had it dynoed at Xtreme Machines in Millstone New Jersey

Max BHP: 122.06 @ 142.10RPM
Max Ft/Lbs: 48.02 @ 122.80RPM

I would post the dyno sheet if I had a scanner. I am overall pleased with the results considering that I only have an Akrapovis slip on. What do you guys/girls think.

Here is a link to what there dyno looks like:
http://www.xtrememachines.us/miscpage_009.asp

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's cool, can you scan the results later and post them, that would be great [8D]

·
Registered
93 Posts
its not a big drop from bhp, since the power train consits of a chain lol!
im thinkin 5% maybe which would put you at about 113 somthing, which is avergae
for a stock 636 hp number.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by Most_Wanted
its not a big drop from bhp, since the power train consits of a chain lol!
im thinkin 5% maybe which would put you at about 113 somthing, which is avergae
for a stock 636 hp number.
Uh OK...don't worry about the sprockets,tranny etc... and the drivetrain % is 20 to 30%.

What kind of dyno did you use...most get the RWHP.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I was kinda wondering which dyno he was on?

Also they should of gave you a HARD COPY of your results.
On the dyno they can give you 3 ratings for your bike..

Max BHP & TQ..which is crank..who cares abot the crank though.

Adjusted BHP & TQ..if the weather conditions were this and that
cant rememebr the standard they use, temperture,humidty,altitude,barometric pressure.

The you have REAL RWHO & TORQUE...thats waht you are really doing on that day.

If you didnt do the wire jumper mod, you might be pushing 108rwhp if your lucky...do the wire jumper and get a custom tune and you should be in the 114-117rwhp range

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Click on the link in my original post to see what DYNO my bike was put on.

The link shows a picture of the dyno used. Here is the reading material:

To get the the most horsepower and performance out of your engine, have your bike or quad tuned at Xtreme Machines. Our dyno system is a Factory-Pro EC997 eddy-current low-inertia dynamometer. An eddy-current style of dynamometer is far superior to an inertia-style dynamometer (most DynoJet dynes) in terms of its accuracy and capabilities. An inertia-style dyne is a glorified accelerometer, while an eddy-current dynamometer provides real-world loading of the engine. Only a true eddy-current style of dynamometer is capable of step-tests, where the eddy-current brake holds the engine at specific RPM data points and measures HP and torque in real-time steady-state. Having the capability to tune steady-state is the only way to accurately tune EFI-equipped motorcycles and flatslide carburetors. It measures horsepower, torque and CO, so we can determine exactly how your bike runs at any given rpm and throttle opening. Then we make adjustment to your carburetor or fuel injection to obtain maximum horsepower and torque with a smooth transition and ride ability.

Our dynamometer also features a super light roller that is quick to react to load changes and power outputs, which enables us to very precisely tune EFI-equipped bikes, and flat slide carburetors. Our Factory-Pro eddy-current dynamometer is not affected by gearing changes, wheel inertia changes, tires sizes, or tire pressures. It reads True HP corrected to SAE atmospheric conditions. It is 0.2 HP accurate every single day, every single run ever done at any Factory-Pro tuning center. We can accurately compare any two sessions any Factory-Pro dynamometer has ever done. No other machine comes close to its repeatability and accuracy. Expect your HP numbers to be around 12-17% lower with our dynamometer when compared to inertia-type dynes commonly used in magazines and at other shops. Our machine can run anything from scooters, cruisers, HDs, dirt bikes with knobbies, sprint cars, quads and drag bikes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by ibleedgreen

Uh OK...don't worry about the sprockets,tranny etc... and the drivetrain % is 20 to 30%.

What kind of dyno did you use...most get the RWHP.
Most cars will experience a 15-20% drivetrain loss (depending on RWD or FWD). So a bike (with chain) should be around an 8-15% loss from drivetrain components to the rear wheel. Shaft driven bikes have shown a loss of 10-11% in most cases.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
This should make for a nice comparison, as in October i will bring my bike down there and see the differance of what they are saying...

So back to my Question is that MAX numbers at the crank or not?
Or did you have some custom headwork done as well as up the compression?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by jdgun_13
This should make for a nice comparison, as in October i will bring my bike down there and see the differance of what they are saying...

So back to my Question is that MAX numbers at the crank or not?
Or did you have some custom headwork done as well as up the compression?
I have no custom headwork done, compression is stock. Only mod to the bike is an Akrapovic slip on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Kawirad
the power commander would add more HP to that monster :D nice numbers
I actually wanted to ask some of you about this whole Power Commander.

I did (as show in my first post) 122.06 Max BHP with just an Akrapovic slip on.

My best friend with an 06 black 636 has the following mods (Yosh Slip on, K&N Air Filter, and a Power Commander) he only put down 119.25.

Why are my dyno numbers higher then his when he has an intake and Power Commander? Nooone could figure it out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
different dynos, different bikes, different days, different dyno operators. you really can not compare dyno readings from one bike to the next. the only thing you can hope to do is compare readings for the same bike in the same session. the same bike can vary anywhere from 5 to 20 horsepower from one day to the next with absolutely no changes whatsoever to the bike itself. do more than one dyno session and you will see what i mean:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zm830101 having experience haveing my car on the dyno several times I understand everything you said.

BUT.........................

Mark and I did a dyno shoot out yesterday at Extreme Machines. (3 pulls for $26)

Mark went first and as soon as he was done I went after him. Same day, same dyno, about 30 minutes apart from one another. Now explain it to me, because I am still baffled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah I will add to my facts for the bike. the map I used was the akro slip/ intake map from dynojet..I have yet to get a custom map made.. I spoke with a guy at dyno jet and he said I wil not get my moneys worth with the full custom tune ($300 +tax at xtreme machines in nj) I will post up my dyno sheet prob around 1am eastern time..

Will Chain slack effect HP that much? (mine was kinda bouncy on the dyno compared to my friends that dyno'd 122. His barely moved at all.) Have yet to get chain tension re-adjusted since i bought it. Oh and I have about 2,100 miles on my bike too oil being changed on time about every 500-600 miles up to now last oil change was at around 1800.. If any of you guys are technical with the small maintenance..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by red325ix
BHP is measured at the crank. WHP is measured at the wheel on a chassis dyno.
This is not true. BHP is brake horsepower, which can be measured at the wheel just as much as it can be measured at the crank.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.