Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my kawi factory rear seat cowl and am kinda mad about how it's set up. I was hoping for something that was designed to pop on and off like the seat but it looks like a perm. install, what has everyone else been doing about this

·
Registered
302 Posts
[:NotAgain]

Yeah man. It's the same thing as the passenger seat. Just pops on and off with the key.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well mine must be missing some hardware then, all I got was a plastic cover with a few holes in the plastic underneath.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well looks like a trip to the stealership then. There is sposed to be a bracket with 2 tabs on it. One at the back slides into the hole like on the passenger seat and another at the front to slide into the locking device. It must be missing the bracket.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Haha, this amused me... head over to the dealership and start complaining, and then tell them you want a new helmet to compensate for mental anguish.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I go to the dealer and they first try to tell me to take the brackets off of the seat!! Then they get online and find out their mistake, there are two options when you order you can get just the shell or the whole assembly with the brackets, and believe it or not I got refunded money because the whole assembly was cheaper. This was my second purchase from them, the first one was for a SET of frame sliders, they managed to only order me one puck on that one so I'm done with them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
[:NotAgain]

·
Registered
247 Posts
OK when you ordered the cowl there was to options to buy (weather or not they offered to you) one is about $120 for a rear seat cowl, and two was $99 for a rear seat cowl KIT all hard wear included. Now i know that it sounds wronge but yes the kit is less $$ than just buying the plastic cowl.... so go back and tell them they order the wonge part

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.