Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a pretty nasty head shake to near tank slapper today during a balls out 2nd gear acceleration I've decided that its time to get a damper(damn this bike has nasty midrange). I like the look of the top mount hyperpro and i like the idea of the active dampening. I've done some research and can't find out if this damper requires drilling to install. I'd like to stay away from drilling the frame if possible.

So who has the active top mount hyperpro, and if you have it do you like it? Is it worth it to spend the extra cash for the active dampening model? Pics if you got'em

·
Registered
394 Posts
It is what I will probably end up with. Many suggest the GPR over the hyperpro because of longevity, and customer service, but I will pay the extra $50 to get something other than a giant bolt-looking thingy and have active dampening.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Does the toby have good build quality? Is is active? I'm still deciding what I want, but its worth the extra $$$$ to me to get the hyperpro, unless there's something better about the Toby or GPR.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ldrexler
........ Toby from 58cycle. no drill,good price,fairly easy install.
Thanks for the suggestion. I like the look of the Toby as well, and the price is a little better too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the hyperpro on my 03 and love it. I had an ohlins on my R1 and it was good but I like the active dampening on the hyperpro better. No drilling required for the top mount either, which is what I have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.