Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, does anybody know if an '03-'04 mid pipe will bolt up to an '05-'06 header and come out in the correct position? I want to put a side mount on my '06. I like the undertail but I want to run a yosh Ti TRC can because I like the sound. I figure at worst I'll need a '04-'05 header and mid pipe, But if I just need the mid that'd be great so I can save some money.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
no clue, man, but you might have to cut your right lower fairing. don't know if you want to do that (or are aware you might have to)

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anybody running a sidemount, C'mon Pipe up (no pun)

·
Registered
78 Posts
lol it wont
yes you have to cut the fairing and you need the 03- 04 header as well and your gona have to make a bunch of new mounts and your gona have to dent in cyl 1 on the header so it will clear the oil cooler

and yes there is at least 1 person running a side mount and it is a blast :)

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I think I'll stay with the '05'06 header and mid pipe then and have someone cut the pipe and tig on a new piece or mandrel bend the one I have to route it out the side if I decide to get that yoshi TRC can.

·
Registered
78 Posts
you may be able to do that but you could have clearance issues something else you could do to counter the clearance issue is cut the cat off and weld on a piece of pipe that u can use to interchange the angle so if u want to go back to the undertail u can by just turning the pipe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts