Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i took my stock pipe off and threw on a used akroprovic slip on, bolted right up fairly easily, now my FI light is on, at first i unplugged the black box the exhaust valve cable went to, and thought that might be it, then i plugged it back in and the light was still on...heres a pic of the exhaust and the lil black box i am talking about...rest of the bike is stock all i have done is a kleen air mod, no power commander

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do a search for the exhaust servo mod, can be done for as little as $3 and 30min of your time.

Or go buy the Ivans exhaust servo kit, approx $100

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you using a servo eliminator of some sort? Did the used slip-on come with one? Since the stock exhaust / cables are now disconnected, the FI will always come on unless you mod the servo with the part that came with the exhaust or by Ivans servo kit.

This link will tell you everything you need to know:

http://www.kawiforums.com/2005-2006-zx-6r/152305-missing-servo-parts.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you no the exhaust did not come with aanything for the servo motor, just the end can, mall s-pipe and springs. until i mod the servo motor should i leave that lil black box plugged in or doe it not matter, i assume it still ok to ride?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts