Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
No problem. I went -1 front/+2 rear and it is wicked nasty now. Go -1 on the front at the least. Go with my setup if you really want to feel a difference. Best performance mod for the money. You wont regret it.:D

·
Registered
703 Posts
^^^^^^ unless you freeway it or want higher top end the 14/45 combo is alot of fun. rolling off from stop-lights is easier as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have bought the 14/45 Combo but I dont have a tool to put the chain back on, does anyone know where to buy just the riveting (Crimp) tool?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh and I dont really want to purchase a whole kit for $100+, I have looked all over and all I can find is the kits, Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
703 Posts
.........raw. with the 14/45 combo you will not HAVE to change the chain. if you have alot of miles on your existing chain you may want to change it...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Stock is an X-ring just to let you know. Get a XW ring RK chain.

RK's premium quality XW-ring is the ultimate high speed, extreme heat performance chain. The XW-ring is made of an advanced Nitrile Butadiene composite and is equipped with three contact lips and two convex outer stabilizers. This means three lubrication pools to protect against high speed abrasion, extreme heat build up, torsional flex and the loss of lubricant under these extreme conditions.
The "XW"-ring goes the distance to fully eliminate the risk of seal failure and provides the user with a 50% longer wear life than basic "O"-ring chain. The XW chain is not necessary for 600cc motorcycles due to the fact that tensile strength is far too high for any 600cc to exceed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just contact sumofallparts and everything and get a speedohealer while your at it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That is where I already bought my chain/sprocket kit and SpeedoHealer. Good price and fast service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.