Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanna take out the cats on my zx 10. has anyone done this? how do I go about doing this. pics would me a great help also. thanks you all are great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did it, very easy and added a little power across the board. Im dynoing tomorrow with gutted cats and a and r race baffles. We will see how it goes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by driver311
I did it, very easy and added a little power across the board. Im dynoing tomorrow with gutted cats and a and r race baffles. We will see how it goes.
Hey, how do you take out the baffles? A buddy of mine told me that on those mufflers you can't take out the baffles!?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
the directions come with the baffles...its pretty easy if your mechanically inclined..just follow directions. it took me 20 mins per can if that.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You should be able to take the baffles out with a dremmel tool (cutter). I need to do it myself. I have the A&R Baffles that I am going to put in myself. I also want to remove the cat. I can see where it bolts in at the bottom. I heard you can just use a hammer and a stick to push them out. I don't think it will take anything fancy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
are there any specific direction on how to remove the cat.....between the baffle kit and cat that would produce a nice note and a little power.....

·
Registered
693 Posts
cat is a bitch to get out lol that shit is tough took a good half hour to get it with a hammer and chizzel then i used a drill to really clean it out

·
Registered
36 Posts
there's a bolt and Nut that mounts the Y pipe right after mating with the CAT. YOu dont' have to take the pipes off, or any of the heat covers. just take off the lower fairing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.