Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to raise the rear ride hieght on my zx10 by 6mm to speed up steering,has anybody already done this,and how are they getting on with it.
Im also sticking on a brembo master cylinder, with race pads as the standard brakes suffer badly from fade,has anyone else had the same.
Also a set of Devil Master cans and a cat replacement pipe from Motad.
Any info from people who have done the above mods Ta
I also use Dunlop GP tyres,very unstable at speed,in going to trye Bridgstone BT-002 4 compound front 3 rear ill let you know how they are

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Originally posted by Scottish lad
Im about to raise the rear ride hieght on my zx10 by 6mm to speed up steering,has anybody already done this,and how are they getting on with it.
Im also sticking on a brembo master cylinder, with race pads as the standard brakes suffer badly from fade,has anyone else had the same.
Also a set of Devil Master cans and a cat replacement pipe from Motad.
Any info from people who have done the above mods Ta
I also use Dunlop GP tyres,very unstable at speed,in going to trye Bridgstone BT-002 4 compound front 3 rear ill let you know how they are
Sorry, I don't have any answers for you, just more questions.

Do you have an 06 or 04? The thread title says one thing but your info says another.

Are you riding on the street or the track? I haven't noticed any fade on my 06 under spirited street riding but I've never been to the track. I've heard that it isn't a good idea to use race pads for the street since they won't heat up enough.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike is done know-
Reduced the rider rear sag to 25mm instead of 35mm and raised the rear ride hieght by 6mm,turn and handling is way improved.

The Devil cans sound good and spit fire on the run down,the cat is also removed.

The 19mm bore brembo front brake master cylinder is a big improvment over standard,feels solid.

So bike stops better ,front end is planted,and no more head shaking when pinning the throttle open,thank god the standard bike settings were driving me nuts,know the bike is amazing i love it

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike a bit of a mess as it was pissing down a rain,and there is a lot of mud on the road.

This is the Cat replacement pipe from Motad,

Devil cans sound good,let the bike breath,

The Brembo master cylinder,

Devil can right side

The bike handles way better,by rasing rear ride hieght by 6mm ,reduce the rear rider sag to 25mm and fit Bridgestone BT-002's
the front has stopped shaking its head and is very stable on these tyres

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.