Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i got my 06 zx10r 3 months and put around 2500 mil on it this is my first kawasaki but i notice it start vibrates a lot and also i have to adjust chain every 400 mil i don't ride hard i called service they want me to do 600 mil serv. wich i never did i don,t know if this is normal on this model or is something wrong. thanks for your help

·
Registered
536 Posts
You never did the 600 mile service? You already put 2500 miles on it? Dude your screwed! Read you service manual you suppose to have the bike first service after 500-600 miles. Then again at around 1200-1500 miles, then every 2500-3000 miles. Dude your behind on 3 oil changes...your engine is most likely screwed. I doubt you have enough oil in that thing. Always read your service manual...go read it now! Also you should be cleaning an re-oiling you chain like every 300 miles. If it isn't properly lubed your o-rings in the chain will wear out prematurely causing it to stretch. You got alot of learning to do brother and i surprised you started on a 06 ZX-10. Take a ride to your dealer now and get your biek checked...but even if theres something wrong you already voided the warranty. Good luck with the repairs! [:0]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you think i'm that stuiped i did change oil at 600mil i did service by myself and had many bikes before you go to the service and spend 200-300 dol so they can say everything is ok i just never had kawasaki and just want to know if it vibrates more than others makes

·
Registered
9 Posts
jacob from my experience with the zx-10r it seems to vibrate a lot, however it is a liter bike and more vibration should be expected. My bike vibrates a lot however in corners above 7 or 8 grand it's smooth.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i called service they want me to do 600 mil serv. wich i never did i don,t know if this is normal on this model

Next time try and be more clear in what you say. Cause either your trying to back track or you just didnt explain to us whats going on. Read what you wrote...to me it says you didnt do the 600 mile service. When in doubt have a mechanic check it out. Being cheap can in the end cost you more money. My first four services were pre-paid. Had/having done with the stealership. Warranty companies like to see this because you doing it yourself isn't documented.

·
Registered
310 Posts
ma 10 vibrates a lil as well......Did some one say ya gotta changer yer oil......Damn ...and ta think it was good for a 100,000kms...lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
they all vibrate but not enough to have to tighten the chain as often as you have to. I wouldnt take it to Kawasaki since they seem to have all the new mechanics fresh out of school (at least that has been my experience). I dont know how far bridgeview is from Chicago, but I bet you can find a reputable speed bike shop there that knows everything about your bike. Tell them what the problem is and I bet they have your answer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
let me tell you something funny i went to the dealer and told about vibrations on my zx10 and service manager was so surprise so i told him many people have same problem and also i mentioned ignition makes funny sound he asked me where did i get that information from so i told him from motorcycle forums he was so surprised. What a service [:0]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.