Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 kawasaki zx6r(636)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so I'm having some problems with my cooling system. If the bike is idling for some while, the temperature goes between 100degrees and 112degrees and the fan kicks in. The temp drops but if I swtmitch the bike of when at 105/110 degrees, I hear the coolant bubbling in the bottle and then it throws out some coolant possibly through the over flow pipe(coolant level is correct and not over full) only bubbles and throws out coolant when bike is switched off at over 105degree.please help with some advise. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Best to start with a coolant flush.. if u can hear it bubbling, most likely there is air in there.. n thats definitely not a good sign

·
Pursebully
39,456 Posts
Water boils at a higher temp when under pressure. If not under pressure, the water boils at around 100°C (varies with atmospheric pressure at you altitude). Your radiator cap is designed to keep that pressure at 16-20 psi above atmospheric which significantly increases the boiling point. If your coolant is boiling at 105°C, then I suspect that your radiator cap isn't holding pressure and needs to be replaced (or isn't properly seated).

·
Registered
2006 kawasaki zx6r(636)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best to start with a coolant flush.. if u can hear it bubbling, most likely there is air in there.. n thats definitely not a good sign
I have done a flush, I've also cleaned the radiator out, there's no bubbling at all. I flushed the system, put in coolant and left bike idling with radiator cap open, no air bubbles, so system is free of air. Thermostat is good. I've removed and tested,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts