Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am thinking of taking my low mileage 04 636 off the street and making a track day bike out of it. I would be replacing my good old reliable 92 FZR600 but I am ready for something with some more zip. I have come accross a clean tank from an 06 ZZR600 and heard they will fit the 04 636, they say that they are the same tank. Is this true? The bodywork on my 636 now is very clean with no scuffs or problems of any kind. I plan to replace the entire bodywork including the tank and box up the stock stuff that came with the bike store it in my basement. I am planning to use a full kit from Hot Bodies, they seem to have the best price going for what you get.

Any information here about this tank would be a great help....Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
i don't think so. 05-06 zzr600s are the same bike as 03 and previous zx-6r. But don't take my word for it. Maybe just research out if an 03 zx-6r take will fit. one thing i noticed about having a zzr, you can't really find mods for the zzr itself. you gotta look in the old zx-6r sections.

·
Registered
246 Posts
05 06 zzr's are 02 and older zx-6r's

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The tank from the '05-'06 ZZR600 will not fit on the '03-'04 636.

·
Registered
474 Posts
05-07 ZZR6 (J model) is the same as the 00-02 ZX-6R (J model). The tank from the 98-99 ZX-6R G model is similar, but there is a minor difference, I believe involving the gas cap.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I will make this easy for you...

No the tank will not fit.

The tank will fit like was said a 2000-2002 ZX6R or a 04-06 ZZr600. The Tank you ahve is not designed for fuel injection and does not have a spot for a fuel pump in it like the 04 636 needs. The Tank you have has two mounting screws, the 636 tank uses 1.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help folks. I did not end up buying the tank so I am not out any money here so all ended up working out thanks to everyone's help.

I asked online here to see if anyone had a tank that they wanted to sell and heard from one member so far. We have yet to finalize a price. Hopefully we can work something up.

Thanks again for all the help, you guys were a great help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.