Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought my first bike. got a 2006 ZZR 600. just looking for anyone to tell me concerns or things to look out for with my bike. dont know much about them. any problems? major areas to look out for? or just dont worry about it cuz its a kawi and it dont need anything. lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
congrats on your purchase; post up some pics.

Excellent choice for a first bike. Won't grow out of it quickly like the 250/500's, but not a dangerous-for-the-inexperienced monster like a zx10.

Anyway, I'd say by the lack of responses that it pretty much comes down to keeping your fluids fresh, keeping up on chain maintenance and of course riding the piss out of it. I hear/see the occasional concern for a carb resync or valve shimming but even that stuff seems rare.

Enjoy it. Don't worry; be happy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Word. Just keep up on the routine maintanance and you should be fine. my 01 zx6r (basically the same bike) has 44,000 on the clock and she's still running fine.

Since this is your first bike, take it easy. She might be more forgiving than an 08 6r or a zx10r, but she can still hurt you. Did you take the MSF class? I'd also recommend finding some more experienced riders with good riding habits to hang out with. Ride with squids and you'll find yourself riding squidly. There's lots to learn. Most importantly, have fun!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wear your gear! Its a great bike, I love mine (I have the 05). In my experience, if you ride it often, it will run forever. Leave it to sit, and that is when things go wrong. Frequent oil change/filter change, take care of the chain and you should be good to go. This bike was so good, they brought it back after 4 years retired, so it has a lot going for it. Also, parts are easy to come by, just ask for 00-02 ZX6r and you should be in good shape.

Enjoy! Ride safe!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts