Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my heart pretty set on an 06 zzr600. but then i noticed an 04 zx-6r hiding on me. the 6r is cheaper and feels more managable for its slimmer size. any opinions and what anyone else would get? I understand its my bike and as long as i'm happy with it screw everyone else. but i'm just wondering what the general consensious is...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The 2004 ZX6R has a dry weight of 355 lbs and a seat height of 32.5 inches. The 2006 ZZR600 has a dry weight of 377 lbs. and a seat height of 32.3 inches.

The 2004 ZX6R has a 636cc engine with electronic fuel injection.
The 2006 ZZR600 has a 599cc engine with four carbs.

I don't know your age or riding style or habits. IMO the 2004 ZX6R's handle bar configuration is to low. I sat on the same bike before I purchased my 2006 ZZR600. That's what steered my away from purchasing the ZX6R. The comfort level is much better with the handle bar configuration on the ZZR600. How much riding experience do you have? What kind of riding do you plan to do?

·
Registered
164 Posts
also depending on your insurance company the zzr may be cheaper. i know for a fact mine is about half that of a 6r as that was the deciding factor in my purchase. the power is close, the 6r has a little more power but not enough to be that big of a deal. the zzr definately has a more comfortable riding position so if you plan to do any long rides the zzr would be a better choice imo

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i agree on the handlebar bit i bought the zzr600 without ever sitting on nething else.. after i bought it and rode it for a few weeks i came to the shop to pick something up and was waiting around. i sat on the zx6r i was like whoa this feels so weird..... zzr600 is a cadilac comfort wise. it depends what u want. being im a new rider im glad i got the bike i did, even tho i wish it had a lil more balls

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had dirtbikes since i was 5 (I'm 24 now), but I'm a newb street bike rider. I decided to go with the zzr600. I sat on the zx-6r and my balls were crushed into the gas tank just sitting on the thing. That and yur right, the handle bars were really low. Being the total newb that i am having nothing to compare it to, my buddy has an 05 GSXR 600 and i let him take it out. He was saying its WAY more comfortable than his. Plenty of power. His only complaint was its a little heavy to pull out of hard turns. (That and the back mudflap is ugly as shit) We have a lot of lakes around here with all kinds of back twisty roads to open up on, so that'll be the majority of where i'll be at on my weekend rides. Thanks for the words guys. I'm definatly not regretting my decision at all.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by Money
I've had dirtbikes since i was 5 (I'm 24 now), but I'm a newb street bike rider. I decided to go with the zzr600. I sat on the zx-6r and my balls were crushed into the gas tank just sitting on the thing. That and yur right, the handle bars were really low. Being the total newb that i am having nothing to compare it to, my buddy has an 05 GSXR 600 and i let him take it out. He was saying its WAY more comfortable than his. Plenty of power. His only complaint was its a little heavy to pull out of hard turns. (That and the back mudflap is ugly as shit) We have a lot of lakes around here with all kinds of back twisty roads to open up on, so that'll be the majority of where i'll be at on my weekend rides. Thanks for the words guys. I'm definatly not regretting my decision at all.
No problem man. Welcome to the forum.:)[8D]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by the way zzrocket, what was yur job in the AF? i'm a computer tech on the awacs at tinker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.