Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic (that of exhausts anyway) has been flogged over and over again but I have a couple questions to throw out anyway. I've been mulling over which slip-on to buy and narrowed it down to the Yosh, Muzzy, and Akrapovic. I've decided to go with the Akrapovic but this brings about a new question for me - Titanium or Carbon Fiber? Anyone know the differences in the cans (weight, etc)? Anyone have any pics of either of these mufflers on a '06 zzr? If you have an Akrapovic, why did you buy the ti or cf over the other one?

Tia for the help.

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Akrapovic is the right choise.
Hopefully this is the bike you are talking about.
here´s more info (copy & paste if link don´t work):
http://www.akrapovic.si/main/catalog/kawasaki/zx6r_&_zx6rr_2005/rac-evo/KA_ZX6_RR_05_RAC+EVO+.pdf

I would always go with the titanium, I belive it will last longer. But if Akrapovic will release the new "Hexagonal" [:M117] muffler to your bike I would take it right away. Check it out here:
http://www.akrapovic-exhaust.com/main/download/brochures/Hexagonal-Shaped_Muffler.pdf

I belive you will be happy with your Akrapovic anyhow.
Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think i have fallenfor the new hex shape muffler, as soon as they are available i might just have to purchase one

·
Registered
103 Posts
[:CantSeeShit]
I believe he said an exhaust for a 06 ZZR600 not a ZX6R...The picture posted would have a hell of a time fitting on his bike. I would go with the Titanium, as you can see by my bike I did myself except with Muzzy. If you have alot of other carbon fiber accents on your bike you might want to go with that though. I have heard that the CF cans aren't good for long distance rides due to the heat but I could be wrong. Somthing to think about I guess...do what you think looks good man. Ride safe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really? I love the look of the c/f Muzzy but worry about the site saying that high heat could cause problems with it and everywhere I look the thing is high 4 bills just for the slip on.

Know a place the reasonably sells them pricewise? How about heat and their c/f can?

·
Registered
256 Posts
the can itself never gets hot, personally i like the carbonfiber over a metal finish. and yea you are looking at around 400 for it, you are going to get about the same performance from all the slip ons out there. so at that point its about cost looks and sound.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$400 wouldn't be a problem. I can get the Akra cf can for under $380 shipped. The Muzzys can is at least $475 everywhere I look. I do like the Muzzy but I don't know that I like it $100 more than I like the Akra. I also have never heard a Muzzys on the zx6r. I've looked around a lot for a sound clip but haven't found one.

Do you happen to have one of yours?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mark...trust me if you go with a Muzzy slip on (or in our case a bolt on really) you'll be happy with the sound. Not to loud but sounds great up in the RPM's. Didn't need to rejet either.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had a D&D stainless on my street bike and found an Akra CF for $300 on ebay and put that on the street bike and move the D&D to the track bike. CF looks nice, and the Akra's seem to keep their shine over time, whereas other CF pipes I have seen do not (D&D is one that comes to mind).... I would have preferred the Titanium over the CF because one mishap can be the end of the can. The D&D went on the track bike because a) its about as bulletproof as a muffler can be b) its loud and annoying on the street....

I would personally get the Ti over the CF, and all three of those brands make good stuff... I am very impressed with the fit and finish of the Akra product... I have a full Muzzy system on my old 96, and its held up well over the years. I too wouldnt pay $100 more for the Muzzy... But its all about personal preference and choice. If one was clearly the best of all situations pipe, the others wouldnt even exist.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the Muzzy cans over here are pretty expensive for just the end can, for the same sort of money i can have a full system from Hindle with a choice of either standard or high level

·
Registered
114 Posts
Only two choices in my opinion. Muzzy or Akrapovic. I have an Akrapovic CF bolt on, and I get many compliments on how good it sounds. It is not extremely loud, but it has a perfect sound at all rpm levels. I think that the Muzzy would be louder in comparison.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.