Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been looking at full exhausts and slip ons. I came to realize that full exhausts are super expensive. Cant see myself paying $2,000 to gain 10 hp. IF that. So Im def. going with a slip on. Now I been thinking about other stuff to gain some hp. So maybe some heat resistant wrap and cutting out the cat and throwing in a straight pipe. What do you guys think abut that combo?? I know a full exhaust with header would be prime but not for that kind of money. You think I would see any gains by heat wrapping it and cutting out the cat???

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
What's your budget? TiForce, Yoshi, and M4 all make SS full systems in the $750 range. Add $250 for your PCIII and $60 for a filter. Run the crap map til you have $250-400 for a tune. I'm not a math major, and I am lazy. Total it up. Under $1500 I'm sure.

As for running a slip-on with straight pipe and heatwrap......yeah, it's an alternative. The heatwrap isn't going to give you any power.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true the wrap wont add any horse maybe make it safer more efficient??? I plan on spraying the bike next year some time, maybe a full system would be best. any one ever look into a custom system with a stubby ??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about this option, getting a aftermarket header and havin a local shop fab up a stubby exhaust out the side like a gixxer or something like that?? What u guys think of that???

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've got a motowerkz, and my plan is to get an aftermarket header next year. If you can wait that long I'll be sure to write a review :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've got the akra full and don't regret it at all. It sounds awesome and really ups the power of the bike.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NOw the focus of my question is on just running a little stubby exhaust off the header to save money on a full system...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
but u still have the cat the header is werew all the power is made. u would still need a new header

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have seen a thread somewhere can't remember whether it was here or ZX Forums, anyways they have been gutting the stock exhaust to modify the airflow to straight out the can. It actually sounds pretty good and the cost is minimal, just need to make sure you do it correctly obviously. Worth checking out I think, I am thinking about doing it eventually but I want the pclll first.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
u will still maek better power with a aftermarket header if thats what ur lookin for.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea thats what im saying. I figure I can get the ehader couple hundred for a local shop to fab be up a stubby pipe out the side with a saxaphone style muffler on it that should only cost me a little more then a slip on would, just not sure on what that would sound/perform like

1 - 13 of 13 Posts