Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been tryin to pull up specs on both of these bikes and I dont know of a good site to go to, Any suggestions? Is there anything new on the 08 Zx6r that makes it better than the 07? The only thing I have seen is the paint colors.

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah Thanks! So I could prolly get a used 07 for a good price and have it painted any color I wan for cheaper than a new one right? What is a standard for the number of miles a year on a bike? If I got an 07 do I wanna look for atleast under 4k miles or less?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
thats all up in the air- i mean a bike could have alot of mileage but be very well taken care of, or have been dragged through the dirt & treated like crap for all of its only 600 miles. Everyone wants to go for the bike w/ the least amount of miles which is great, but the main thing is learning how to find points that show how well the bike has been taken care of..

And going for the cheaper 07 is logical, but keep in mind, theres been quite a few 07's that have 'the knock' that have sidelined many riders for weeks & months. The warranty makes takes care of it, but i went ahead & paid for the 08 so i'm not paranoid at every little sound i hear... And pretty glad i did, my riding partner just had hers taken in for the knock... Luckily it happened at the end of the season.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
so far, i've been lucky... i got the 08 and had no idea about all the problems that some have had with their 07. knocking on wood to hope that i continue having a trouble-free bike...

s3aturnr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts