Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 06 zx6r. I just bought a set of 07 calipers to put on. I want to get galfer stainless lines but wasnt sure if I should order the lines for an 06 or for an 07. Thanks

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
I read somewhere you need the 07-08 brake lines to fit right. So order the ones for the 07-08. Someone who has done it can verify for sure.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I take it the dimentions for the 07 calipers are the same as the 06?
which is the same as the 05, which is the same as the 04... hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You can run 05-06 lines but are longer and have more slack. Just buy a set of 07-08 lines and you wont have a problems but like BUG said it really doesnt matter too much either one will work!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I was actually thinking more of my bike with 07 calipers and set-up on...
Do it, you wont regret it. Direct bolt on and they are awesome calipers compared to the Tokico POS ones that are on there now.

You can use either the stock replacement lines for your bike or the 07 specific ones. The stock replacement (aka galfer braided) will be about an inch or so longer due to location of the mount on the Tocico calipers, the middle of the brake cups. The 07 Nissin calipers, the banjo mount is at the top of the caliper.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
well I've got 10mm longer bolts and 10mm spacers for the 05+ discs, just thought the mountings etc were different for the 07+ calipers. As for the lines I know plenty of places that make them up to fit, so that part doesn't matter.
Now just to see if the 07 radial master will fit the bar..

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
ahh how i love my nissins.....yeah the 05/06 lines work just fine but as stated are a bit long. nothing a zip tie cant fix

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now just to see if the 07 radial master will fit the bar..

Whick one is better, the 06 master or the 07? I have both but dont really want to try and make the 07 fit if there's no difference...Any one know if it bolts right up and which is the better performer?

BTW, thanks for all the reply's

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
06/07 masters are the same and will just bolt right on any 05/06 bike

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
06/07 masters are the same and will just bolt right on any 05/06 bike
did they change the masters in 06? I thought it was 07??
Either way, that's a bit of a better one imo cos a) has another bleed valve on the top (did the 05+?) and is radial (?), and it's newer. They aren't going to replace a good thing with a crappy thing. They'll replace a good thing with an awesome thing, so yup, should work better in theory. It'll be a bigger jump for me than you, but still should be beneficial

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
did they change the masters in 06? I thought it was 07??
Either way, that's a bit of a better one imo cos a) has another bleed valve on the top (did the 05+?) and is radial (?), and it's newer. They aren't going to replace a good thing with a crappy thing. They'll replace a good thing with an awesome thing, so yup, should work better in theory. It'll be a bigger jump for me than you, but still should be beneficial
I would love to see the finished product if you decide to fit the nissin calipers... I'm very interested in doing it myself. along with the swingarm swap.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
hey, keep watchin my space man..
The motor has had some head work done which is just about finished up. Now it goes faster, I'm quite keen to stop it faster. And since it had chronic brake fade under the hammer on the track, kinda interested at my options, bang for buck. This could be the goer

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
hey, keep watchin my space man..
The motor has had some head work done which is just about finished up. Now it goes faster, I'm quite keen to stop it faster. And since it had chronic brake fade under the hammer on the track, kinda interested at my options, bang for buck. This could be the goer
I have heard nothing but good things about the Nissins. My Tokicos are good but have lost there touch IMO and Im wanting something more, with some good pads and braided lines the Nissins should more than satisfy what you are looking for in the stopping department.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts