Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note... I also posted this in the '07 Discussion.

Does anyone know or could fathom a guess if the 07 muffler will fit an 06? I definitely like the new outlet.
Sometimes I look at my 06 outlet, and with the 2 allen bolts it looks like a friggin' balloon animal face.

BTW ~ I like the stock muffler (with the exhaust valve setup).

Does the 07 have the exhaust valve?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
sure it has one, but where it is located i couldnt tell you...if your just after the muffler i am sure they will pop up on ebay within 2 months after the bikes are released...

Should be an easily modifiable option to get it on there if thats what you are wanting to do...maybe just a pipe to merge the 2 pipes if the diameter is different adn some custom brakects...

Anyone with some common sense could fabricate something to get it on there, if i could weld i would be golden..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by jdgun_13
sure it has one, but where it is located i couldnt tell you...if your just after the muffler i am sure they will pop up on ebay within 2 months after the bikes are released...

Should be an easily modifiable option to get it on there if thats what you are wanting to do...maybe just a pipe to merge the 2 pipes if the diameter is different adn some custom brakects...

Anyone with some common sense could fabricate something to get it on there, if i could weld i would be golden..
Thanks. Good idea about ebay. I like a clean, stock look and like the sound of the stock muff.

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is what it says on the Kawi website:
Pre-chamber Equipped Under-seat Muffler
- New exhaust pre-chamber is located below the engine and contributes to better mass centralization
- Revised under-seat silencer is significantly smaller and lighter to help mass centralization and allow for a more aerodynamic tailsection
- New exhaust header design contributes to improved exhaust efficiency

I might be wrong, but it sounds like this might be alot different with the pre-chamber setup.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you look at the way the exhaust is made their is no way the 05/06 stock or after market exhaust will fit. I also believe the exhaust valve and the down pipe are set further back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.