Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2007 NINJA 250 R
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been messing with this bike for 4 months now, and purchased just about everything I can afford, I'm on my 3 starter solenoid and a new starter removed the KLEEN crap. my battery is at 13.3 volts and 3.2 amps and the brand new solenoid is clicking like a lonely beetle. I'm at my wits end. anything else I can do, I wanna ride.
completely disassembled carb and cleaned for a military inspection, recoated the inside of tank too
thanks, newbie in Mesa Az

·
Registered
388 Posts
OK.
Start from the beginning.
4 Months ago something happened which prompted you to try and effect a repair, What exactly happened ?
Why 3 Solenoids and were they all Genuine Kawasaki ones ?
How did you measure the Amps ?

Additionally I assume the Carbs and Tank work was done aside from the above fault as they have nothing to do with what you are experiencing.

Is the Battery a new one and if so what make ?

·
Registered
2007 NINJA 250 R
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK.
Start from the beginning.
4 Months ago something happened which prompted you to try and effect a repair, What exactly happened ?
Why 3 Solenoids and were they all Genuine Kawasaki ones ?
How did you measure the Amps ?

Additionally I assume the Carbs and Tank work was done aside from the above fault as they have nothing to do with what you are experiencing.

Is the Battery a new one and if so what make ?
Thanks for the reply Keva. I purchased the 07 250 ninja from a guy who had it sitting for 7 yrs in a garage and hasnt touched it since 2013.
Tank was full of varnish ( dried up gas) as well as the carbs. Battery was completely dead. Didnt get to hear it run at the time of purchase due to that fact.
Got it home and started taking it apart with one of the 3 "experienced" mechanics that helped me out. Basically they came took shit apart and left and didnt come back. So i was stuck figuring this out myself.. Ok. So i purchased new batt (AGM POWERSPORTS BATTERY P/N BTX4L-FA, 2 SPARK PLUGS 2 QUARTS OF OIL. FILTER, TURN SIGNALS, SEAFOAM, CARB CLEANER, AHL STARTER SOLENOID, AND A FEW CANS OF SPRAY PAINT) AND WENT TO TOWN WITH TGE HELP OF HOURS AND. HOURS OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND PRINTING UP THE SERVICE MANUAL.
GOT IT STARTED ON 3 OCCASIONS FOR ABOUT A MINUTE AND A HALF EACH TIME AND WAS TRYING TO GET THE CHOKE IN THE IDEAL IDLE POSITION. ( IM NO MECHANIC SO EXCUSE MY STUPIDITY WITH THE TERMINOLOGY.

REMOVED ALL TGE CA KLEEN CRAP AND INSTALLED A SIMPLE FUEL FILTER RIGHT FROM THE NEW PETCOCK AND NEW GAS LINES I GOT AS WELL .

I CHARGE AND TEST THE BATTERY WITH AN. OPTIMA CHARGERS DIGITAL 1200 performance charger.
It wasnt starting again so i just purchased my 3rd solenoid and a new starter and installed yesterday and here i am now..
Battery is at 13.6v and .7 amps.
This is what i get.

Tried to dl a vid of the solenoid but to large.. Clicks clicks rapidly

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
OK.
First issue and needs to be Addressed is the Battery you purchased is a 12v 4ah your Bike should be fitted with a 12v 8ah (FB9L-A2,12V 9)
Did you source the Battery specific for your Bike or did someone else ?
What Spark plugs did you fit ? Make/Number
Don't like the sound of the Solenoid either tbh I always go for oem as often it's cheaper in the long run but I realize cost is a factor in some cases.

·
Registered
2007 NINJA 250 R
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK.
First issue and needs to be Addressed is the Battery you purchased is a 12v 4ah your Bike should be fitted with a 12v 8ah (YTX9-BS)
Did you source the Battery specific for your Bike or did someone else ?
What Spark plugs did you fit ? Make/Number
Don't like the sound of the Solenoid either tbh I always go for oem as often it's cheaper in the long run but I realize cost is a factor in some cases.
Everything came from AMAZON PRIME AND EVERYTHING IS OEM SPECIFIC. YOUR RIGHT ON THE BATTERY.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I assumed from your post you had the later 250r but yours is the earlier model GPX250R is that correct ? I forget you had that model some years after the UK stopped importing lol
Battery is not a YTX9-BS but isn't what you got either.
Let me have the Vin number so I can nail the Model..

·
Registered
2007 NINJA 250 R
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I ordered the new battery and waiting for delivery. So i will throw a video once i get it. Lets hope this gets it going

·
Registered
2007 NINJA 250 R
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And heres another issue i found with the airbox.
tried to post a video but that didnt work. i had a hole in the bottom of the airbox. like a burn through the size of a walnut so i welded a piece of plastic over it, and i have thevacuum hoses that are open now after removing the KLEEN crap,, what doi i do with the vacuum lines now . i need a diagram WITHOUT CA EMNMISIONS

·
Registered
2007 NINJA 250 R
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey everybody what's going on so I'm going to put up a picture of the battery I got coming from Amazon the carburetor drain plug that mysteriously disappeared was training gas all over my concrete and I had a problem with the turn signals I got the LED turn signals replaced the original ones and they were all going on when I would turn one on or the other so did a little research and I picked up these mic resistor Banks and they said to put these in line and that'll cost you know stop a problem so if anybody's got any comments on that it'll be great to know if I got the right partner or you know whatever appreciate your help man you guys are awesome thank you all and have a Merry Christmas
Capture+_2020-12-24-08-10-24.png
Capture+_2020-12-24-08-11-36.png
Capture+_2020-12-24-08-11-07.png

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's NOT a YTX9-BS I did correct my earlier post soon after as I assumed you had the 07 injected 250 but the states still had the Carbed Model in 07 so Battery is not what you originally had or the YTX9-BS I did ask for the Vin so I could nail the Model but I think you missed it.
Good thing with Amazon as it can get returned.
I did ask if yours is a GPX250R ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been messing with this bike for 4 months now, and purchased just about everything I can afford, I'm on my 3 starter solenoid and a new starter removed the KLEEN crap. my battery is at 13.3 volts and 3.2 amps and the brand new solenoid is clicking like a lonely beetle. I'm at my wits end. anything else I can do, I wanna ride.
completely disassembled carb and cleaned for a military inspection, recoated the inside of tank too
thanks, newbie in Mesa Az
Dude b4 anything else take a wire and hook it to the opposite side of solenoid from the battery (the starter side) you can get it on the lil stud and still have the original wire hooked up. the wire should be long enough to reach pos battery post. now with key on and bike out of gear touch the end of the wire to positive batt post. it will spark a lil but do be so jumpy. If the bike starts or turns over anyway there u go tuck wire down next to battery not touching metal and put seat on and your off to the races. If nothing happens you have a bad starter or ignition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts