Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the new z1000 on the Kaw website but I have not seen anyone post anything about how they like it. I was wandering if anyone here has one and how they like it. They are out in dealers aren't they?
[?]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Far as I know, they still haven't hit the floors. I'm gonna look into one when I get over to Japan in February. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw it @ the intermot Köln past month , its an ugly bastard and needs some hard work to make it look just right. The engine has potential and the frame is more stable than the "old".
Very strange I noticed there are two versions available ??? one with a closed rearbridge and one with an open type rear bridge.

more details over here
http://www.putfile.com/vortex/images/37043

[:I]

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by Rocco
I like it. Can't wait until they hit the showrooms, if I like, goodbye mean streak hello Z1000.
When I was getting ready to replace my stolen 636, my choice was between the Z1000 or the Mean Streak. I came so close to getting the new Special Edition Meanie. In the end, I chose the naked bike because I didn't think anyone would want to steal it. Plus, I am a sportbike guy at heart.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The mean streak is a great bike, handles nice and is pretty comfortable.
But, it's heavy and has no power. I always loved the Z1000. I rode my buddies Z750 for a few days, the only negative thing I can say about the bike is the seat, it really sucks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I first got my 06 Z750S I rode it back from Toledo to Dayton and could only go fifty five on the highway. A buddy of mine drove my truck and followed, at that point the seat was so bad I could only ride about fourty minutes or so. Now I have 2000 miles on it and don't mind the seat at all, of course it is not as comfortable as my corbin I had on my old 84 gpz900r.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.