Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my bike then rode it about 100 yards and parked it. Went to start it the next morning, started then dropped rpm's and died while I was waiting for it to warm up. After work took off the tank and Checked the air filter. It was dry and clean. Figured I fouled the plugs so I got new plugs and put them in. Put it all back together and it still wouldn't start. No extra lights were on and battery was fully charged. So pulled tank again to make sure all cylinders were getting spark. All of them were. Pulled a plug and it was brand new and bone dry. So I wasn't getting fuel? Took the line off the tank and turned on the key. It was pumping fuel perfectly fine. Any ideas? It turns over just not starting. Maybe a fuse? I'm running out of ideas. Anything will help thanks. Has about 6700 miles. With 2 bros exhaust and k&n intake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea where they are on these bikes? I know the light fuses are behind the front right turn signal but where ate the motor fuses?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the ecu fuse right next to the lights, all fuses were good, starting to think it might have somthing to do with the sending unit. Anyone ever had troubles with these, it's pretty loud and sounds like it's almost whining.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe try giving it some gas. if it start watch your idle to see how low it is. the idle might be set too low. i find this happen to me a few times. on the left mid fairing you'll find the idle adjuster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As it ends up I had a bad tank of gas. Or I just got a lot of water in it when I cleaned it. But she's up and running and ready for some wheelies. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts