Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going turbo and see everyone going to zx10 injectors, i went to the dealer and my injectors on my 07 zx6r have the same #, any reason y everyone would do this .

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm not sure what year zx10 injectors you are comparing to but the 07 zx10 injectors are way bigger than my 07 zx6r injectors. I had the 07 zx10 injectors flow tested before i put them on my turbo bike, should flow 420cc. hope this helps.

·
Registered
479 Posts
whats the flow of the 6r. do i also need 8 injectors or only 4
You will need all 8 injectors. If you dont you will make the FI light come on in high rpm. I dont know if that code will cause any changes to the internal maps i.e. timing and fuel gain. When i only ran 4 lbs of boost and the stock injectors, didnt supply enough fuel, even with high fuel pressure. The 600 injectors are not going to be as big as the 07 zx10 injectors. To the best of my knowlege the 07 zx10 and 07 zx14 injectors are exact same size. Sorry i forgot to check back on this thread sooner but i've been busy working and racing. Gotta fuel my passion.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well ty sir, now i have to find some on ebay. i know they want alot for each injector at the dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stock injectors for a 06 zx 10 are 440cc, I am doing a zx 10 06 turbo and am only using 4 injectors but they are 650cc. You really don t need 8 injectors, only 4 but they have to be big enough. You l need to reflash your ecu so the bike can hold them. If I were you looking at the problem I am having now with the injectors,tune her first. See how much are they holding, if you need them,swap the at the dyno. You ll need more volume instead of pressure. The stock ones of the zx 10 06 run at 44psi, with the big ones the bike only started with 30psi of fuel. The bigger the injector, the lesser pressure you are going to use to start the bike. You ll need a bigger fuel pump and fuel regulator. Email me if you need any more info that I can help you, christianxramirez32 on gmail

1 - 13 of 13 Posts