Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I'll try to make this short. 1st week of last May I dropped my bike for the first time.(Had a thread on it. Not important though, just giving some background info) The damage was all cosmetic and I even rode it twice afterwards and it rode completely fine.

The rear subframe was bent, which is the only reason I made a claim on it and it's been in the shop since. 5-6 weeks later(which pisses me off) it's finally put back together. But...they say it's idling and running rough. They did a thermal reading from the exhaust and say it's a cylinder not firing.

I'm not an idiot when it comes to bikes, but I'm not and expert either. It's not the plugs, fuel filter, or air filter. They changed them all thinking it was that. They even wanted to charge me.(Also pissed me off, but they backed out of that idea)

Anyways, they changed the whole sub-frame so....lot of wires and electrical shit back there. Wouldn't you agree if the bike was running perfectly fine prior to dropping it off, it's gotta be something they did? I'm thinking bad coils? Anyone else with some ideas?

The insurance already wrote me a check for the damage, so that plus my 5 hundo deductible should be all I have to pay!

Sorry, longer than I wanted.

Comments appreciated.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 07 6r. I dropped it off for a valve adjustment/ 15k check up and it came back to me ideling really bad (had to idle at 2.5k to stay running) and wouldn't rev over 8k.

Didn't even leave the shop. Told them to fix it and get it fixed fast...as in within a week. They called me 3 days later saying it's fixed and the bill was over $700.

I politely stated that they did not quote me before they worked on it, nor did I agree to pay for any such thing...because it was their fault. The bike ran fine before they started tinkering with it.

I had to have a lawyer friend come down and talk to the manager about the ramifications of working on a vehicle without prior consent of the owner pending all charges. I told them to fix it because they messed something up, I never agreed to pay any fees at all.

In Michigan they have to tell you and get your consent on any and all charges BEFOREHAND for it to be legal.

Sorry I can't diagnose the problem, but I hope this rant helps you in resolving the problem with the repair place.

Cheers

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the whole thing just bugs me. There just doesn't seem to be any honest places to take your bike.

I certainly won't be paying for any king of crazy bill beyond my insurance check and deductible. But, I'm sure they'll try to get me to.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never mind. Just got the bike back today and it seems to be running normal. Must have been some type of sediment that got in the fuel and finally cleared itself after a bunch of fuel cleaner and spirited riding.

Anywayz, thanks for the lack of input. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts