Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Can anyone please help me.
According to the service manual on the 07 zx10r there is a gear position indicator. However I can't find out how to make the gear position show up on the meter. Is there a clever way of doing this or is the sensor there only to use with an external gear position indicator ? Or is it simply there for ecu computing purposes?

Thanks alot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't it show on the meter which gear is selected once you turn on the ignition switch ?

OJ

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I have an '07 10R and it doesn't have a gear indicator(well it didn't before I installed my ATRE.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have an OWNERS manual for the 2007 ZX10R not the Service manual in PDF format. Perhaps there is a way to select on the meter what kind of information you would like shown ?

Please email to [email protected] if you do. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I have an owners and service manual and neither one of them says anything about displaying gears. Your meter will show you temp.,trip mileage,total mileage,speed,rpms, laps and lap times, and the clock.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Are you sure you are not talking about the gear position switch?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Gear indicator, must have been a '07 exclusive item cuse the '08 doesn't have one. The ECU knows what gear the bike is in but there is no gear indicator for the rider.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is no visible gear readout on the factory gauge cluster. You can only get that with an aftermarket product. What the service manual is talking about is the actual circuit that puts out a signal, indicating what gear the bike is in. That circuit is what some of the aftermarket gear indicators tap into to give you the display you're looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts